18th May 2010, 01:04 PM
loguramya

Are Biochemistry graduates eligible for appearing the ICAR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?

Im Ramya now im doing my M.Sc .medical biochemistry.I just wanted to apply for ICAR EXAMINATION. I just wanted to know is i am eligible for applying.If so may i know the syllabus for examination , how to apply , and details about the study materials.

18th May 2010, 03:35 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are Biochemistry graduates eligible for appearing the ICAR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?

dear friend

If the Candidates should have passed Physics, Chemistry and Agriculture/Biology/Mathematics as full subjects separately at
12th level are eligible for this exams.

and the candidate’s age should not be less than 19 years as
on 31st August, 2010..............

ok
all the best.
18th May 2010, 05:49 PM
prakashbioc

Default Re: Are Biochemistry graduates eligible for appearing the ICAR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loguramya View Post
Im Ramya now im doing my M.Sc .medical biochemistry.I just wanted to apply for ICAR EXAMINATION. I just wanted to know is i am eligible for applying.If so may i know the syllabus for examination , how to apply , and details about the study materials.
Hello
You are eligible foe the ICAR - JRF and ICAR- NET also. Since you are a PG in Medical Biochemistry, try to apply to apply for the ICMR, which is more relevant to your studies and also the syllabus remains more common to the PG Medical Biochemistry syllabus. By this you can opt for your Ph.D in any of the ICMR affiliated national research institutes like NIV, Pune, TRC, Chennai and NIN, Hyderabad. Try this !!!!!!!!
18th May 2010, 09:11 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

according to the eligibility criteria for the exam candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Forestry, Agricultural Marketing Banking and Cooperation, Food Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Process & Food Engineering, Computer Science, Basic and allied sciences with 60% aggregate marks or equivalent OGPA.since you are from biochemistry you are not eligible for the exam
9th July 2010, 06:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

ICAR entrance exam is an AllIndia Entrance Exam for admission to PG courses which is conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research .The candidate must be a graduate in Agriculture ,Horticulture,Forestry, Agri. Engineering, Home Science SocialSciences, Diary, Fisheries,. Veterinary, Allied Sciences.A biochemistry student is eligible for appearing the ICAR exam.The candidate should be minimum 19 years old. CAU, AMU, Visva Bharati and Nagaland University are some of the universities providing thids course.
7th September 2010, 04:26 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear Friend,
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR ) from Indian Nationals, is very important & one of the toughest exam for AIEEA(All India Entrance Examination for Admission) UG and AIEEA PG.

In general there are 15% seats for UG and 25% seats for PG are reserved.
so it is very good chance for you as there more seats for Master degree holder.

there are some Eligibility criteria needed:
1:You should pass with any of the Agriculture, Veterinary, Agricultural Engineering, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Sericulture, Dairy Technology, Dairy Engineering, Forestry, Food Science & Technology, Biotechnology, Process & Food Engineering, Computer Science

2:you must have Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of 6.60 / 10.00, 3.25 / 5.00, 2.60 / 4.00 for General

3:you have to pass the master degree with minimum 60%.

Beside this examination there are so many another entrance exam :

i)JNU Combined Biotechnology Entrance Exam.
ii)SRM University, Biotechnology & Bio-informatics Admissions
iii)KIITEE,KIIT Entrance Examination for Biotechnology
iv)Manipal University , Biotechnology, Bio-informatics Admission

good luck.
1st March 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I am a B. pharmacy graduate with 76% I would like to do P.G level course in agriculture/veterinary/fisheries or related courses other then M.Pharmacy or Biotechnology.
Sindu
21st April 2021, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

are M.Sc hons.biochemistry student are eligible for ARS exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?