27th May 2012, 08:14 PM
nilujaanu

What syllabus to prepare for PGCET Exam for CSE stream?

plz send me syallabus for pgcet 2012 for cse mtech

8th September 2012, 08:46 PM
ravichandran_p

Default Re: What syllabus to prepare for PGCET Exam for CSE stream?

Here is the syllabus for PGCET for CSE Mtech

1. Mathematics.

Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear /Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants, Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.

Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.

Vector: Position vector, addition and subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products. Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function.

Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least Squares, Correlation and Regression.

2. Computer Awareness: Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating Systems. Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Normalized Floatingpoint representation.

3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: The question in this section will cover Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuo-spatial reasoning.

4. General Awareness: This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.

5. General English: Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.
Thanks
19th March 2013, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

please send me the syallabus for pgcet 2013 for M.tech in cse to [email protected]
18th April 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

plese send me the correct exam dates for cse
22nd April 2014, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

please send me the pgecet computer science meterial to my mail [email protected] thank you in advance
29th April 2014, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

please sendme PGCET computer science material to my mail,Mail:[email protected]
6th May 2014, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

what syllabus to prepare for pgcet exams for cse stream?
plesse send me to my mail [email protected]
9th January 2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

please send me study material for pgcet 2015 of cse to [email protected]
2nd April 2015, 06:27 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

PGCET exam is conducted every year fr the admission in Post Graduation courses like M.E., M.Tech.

Syllabus to prepare for PGCET Exam for CSE stream is :

Engineering Mathematics :
Mathematical Logic, Conditional Probability, Median, Random Variables, Distributions, Normal, Exponential, Binomial, Probability, Sets, Relations, Functions, Partial Orders, Lattice, Combinatory, Permutations, Counting, Summation, Recurrence relations, Asymptotic, Mean, Mode and Standard Deviation, Uniform, Poisson, Set Theory & Algebra, Groups, Boolean Algebra , Combinations, Generating functions

Data Structures and Algorithms :
Notion of abstract data types, Stack, Queue, Set, String, Binary search, Heap, Tree and graph traversals, Connected components, Shortest Paths, Hashing, Searching, Design techniques, Time and space, Upper and Lower bounds, NP-completeness, List, Tree, Graph, Spanning trees, Sorting, Asymptotic analysis

Logic Design and Computer Organization :
Logic functions, Minimization, Number representation, Computer Arithmetic, ALU and Data-path, Hardwired and micro-programmed control, I/O interface, Instruction pipelining, Cache main and secondary storage, Design and synthesis of Combinational and Sequential circuits, Machine Instructions and addressing modes, Memory interface, Serial Communication interface

Formal Languages and Automata Theory :
Regular languages, Finite automata, Push-down automata, Recursively enumerable sets, Un-decidability, Context free languages, Turing machines

System software :
Lexical analysis, Parsing, Runtime environment, Linking (static and Dynamic), Syntax directed translation, Code generation

Operating Systems :
Classical concepts, Concurrency, Deadlock, Processes, Inter-process communication, CPU scheduling, File systems, Protection and security, Synchronization, Threads, Memory management, I/O systems

Databases:
Relational model, ER-model, Tuple , alculus, Integrity constraints, Normal forms, File structures, Sequential files, B+ trees, Concurrency control, Relational algebra, Database design, Query languages, Indexing, Transactions,

Computer networks:
Data link control, ISO, OSI stack, Ethernet, Sliding window protocols, LAN systems, Application layer protocols and systems, Ethernet, Routing protocols, Switches, Gateways, Packet switching, Network security, Data encoding and transmission, LAN architecture, Token ring, Network devices, TCP / UDP

Web technologies :
JSP, ASP, .NEET systems, XML, J2EE, Html
24th October 2018, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Does PGCET for CSE syllabus include general english, general awareness, etc...? or is it just the syllabus listed below,
1. Engg. Math
2. Data structure and algorithms
3. Logic design and computer organisation
4. Formal languages and automata theory
5. Syetem software
6. Operating systems
7. Databases
8. Computer networks
9. Web technologies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?