1st February 2011, 09:20 PM
charu goyal

Is Actuaries field a good career option?

good evening sir,

I want to know about the field of actuaries?

waiting for your reply

thanking you

Related Questions:
  1. Which courses can I do after passing 12th other than medical or engineering
  2. Any good career option available in the field of Maths, Science and Commerce?
  3. What are the career options available for girls in aviation field? What should I do for the same? Currently I am in 12th(Science) and preparing for board and MHT-CET
  4. Courses which I can do after completing engineering in E&TC
  5. Best colleges in & outside India for MBA in Actuarial Science?
  6. Which course should I prefer after passing inter in computer sciences and bachelor in commerce?
  7. How can I resume my career if I did B.Tech(CSIT) 5 years back? What is the right career option for me? Should I change my field from software to another?
  8. How to do MBA after doing B.Com
  9. What are the options available after 12th in Non Medical except B.Tech?
  10. What to do after 51% marks in commerce?
  11. Is CS and LLB good as a career option?
  12. What is Biophysics all about? Is it a good career option after MBBS? Scope in the course?
  13. What are the career options available after completing PG with Chemistry? What would be the best option for me?
  14. Which is better to do after completion of B.Sc Computer Science? MS in USA or MCA course? -- [New]
  15. How to encourage my students to join Army Medical and Engineering course after passing 12th?
  16. Will the Genetic Engineering be a good career option?
  17. Should I join if selected as a Claim Serve Engineer in an Insurance Company being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma 6th semester student?
  18. Which Course To Do After Passing PUC 2nd Year? Subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology -- [Most Discussed]
2nd February 2011, 06:07 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Actuaries field a good career option?

Sure actuaries is an interesting field. It is a must that the candidates who are planning to pursue a course in this field be good in statistics and mathematics. There are many institutes in the country like Birla Institute, Amity School of Insurance and Actuarial Science etc. You will need to appear for entrance exam to secure admission in these institutes. On completion of the course job opportunities are available in various Insurance companies, Mutual Fund companies etc.
2nd February 2011, 02:10 PM
simran kaur20389

Hi,
Charu, Yes Actuaries is good Career Option, You will get better job opportunities after doing Acturial Science
2nd February 2011, 03:11 PM
rks_estate

Hello Dear,

Actuarial science or Insurance applies mathematical principles to assess risks of insurance and premium.

Actuaries field having a good career option in government sector as well as the private sectors.

The salary range in Government sector is in between Rs. 3000 /- to Rs. 8000 /- for development officer and Rs. 14,000 /- to Rs. 16,000 /- for Zonal managers.

and In Private sectors the salary starts in between Rs. 6000 /- to Rs. 9000 /- and for management graduates salary starts in between Rs. 15,000 /- to Rs.25,000 /-

Actuaries provide services in following sectors like

i. Finance and investment,
ii. Insurance (health, life, general) and
iii. Several benefit plans.

The courses on Actuarial Science and their details are as follows: -

1. B.A (Insurance), Course Duration: 3 years = Eligibility Class XII.

2. PG Diploma in Certified Risk and Insurance management, Course Duration: 3 years = Eligibility Graduation

3. Certificate course in intermediaries in Specific insurance subjects, Course Duration: 3 months = Eligibility Graduation

4. Course for insurance agents, Course Duration: 1 Week = Eligibility Class XII

5. Courses for Insurance managers, Course Duration: 1 year = Eligibility: Graduation

6. PG Diploma in Insurance and Risk Management, Course Duration: 1 Year (regular), 18 months (part time) = Eligibility: Graduation / CA

7. B.S.C (with Actuarial science as a subject as an approved combination), Course Duration: 3 years = Eligibility Class XII

8. PG Diploma in Insurance Science, Course Duration: 1 year = Eligibility Graduation

9. PG Diploma in management of Insurance and financial services, Course Duration: 15 months = Eligibility Graduation

10. Master's program in Insurance Business, Course Duration: 2 years = Eligibility Graduation.

11. Foundation in Financial Planning = Eligibility Graduation

12. M.S.C in Actuarial Science, Course Duration: 2 years = Eligibility: B.Sc.

........ etc. ......... Good Luck ..............
3rd February 2011, 09:00 PM
charu goyal

thank you sir
20th April 2011, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

is actuaries field best or should i opt for ca after 12th.
7th June 2011, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

IS ACTURIES A GOOD CARRIER & IS IT DIFFICULT..?
6th October 2013, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

What has better scope .. ca or actuarial science
7th October 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

iwant last year tnpsc question paperin tamil with question and answer
27th November 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

should i go for ca or acturial science ? which one is better ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?