25th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in BCA with 48% marks?

i wnted to know that whether i m eligible for the admission in b.c.a with 48 percent marks ....???

Related Questions:
2nd July 2012, 11:00 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in BCA with 48% marks?

Yes you are eligible to take admission in BCA with 48% marks in some of the institution. to take admission in BCA you should passed 12th with either computer subject or with mathematics. Some institution may offer BCA without having computer subject and mathematics.

if you want to take admission in a good institution then you will not get chance with 48% marks in 12th.But there are some institution which are not so much popular and may be new they will offer you for admission. If you are really interested for BCA and want to built your career in computer related job field then only go for BCA study otherwise you should try for something different.

If you are good in mathematics and some how you got bad marks then also you may go for BCA. In Bachelor of computer science generally mathematics and computer subjects are important.

You may take admission in general courses like B.A or B.Sc or B.Com according to your branch in 12th. Now a days there are so many job opportunities after general graduation study. you may try for some good government post after completion of your graduation from any stream. like you may try for civil services, Indian army, navy, Indian railway etc etc. you may also try for job in banking sector after completion of your graduation if you have mathematics in 12th.

Now you should decide what you want to do based on your interest.

best of luck.
2nd July 2012, 11:23 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Generally the basic eligibility criteria to sit for the BCA exam is that you have to get minimum 50% marks at 10+2 level which unfortunately you do not have.

Science students and commerce students both can pursue this course. Commerce students who had computer application at 10+1 level will find this course easier to deal with.

Still there are a few engineering colleges which offers BCA,BBA and other professional courses. You can directly get admitted to those colleges as they do not conduct any examination.

To get into the top colleges you have to give an examination. The selection procedure includes written exam, group discussion and personal interview.

While trying to hunt colleges which suits your eligibility criteria do not forget to gather enough information about the standard of the faculty members and the colleges' placement records. Some of them offers jobs on the campus too.

So choose wisely. Good luck
2nd July 2012, 02:22 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> Sorry, you are not eligible for BCA at it requires a minimum of 50% marks at 12th standard.
>> Introduction :-

> BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. It is a three year professional graduation degree course. It is good to do MCA after completion of BCA Course, because the starting salary of a BCA graduate will be 10,000 to 12,000, whereas an MCA graduate can earn 20,000 to 25,000 at the starting.
>> Eligibility Criteria :-
~> The minimum educational qualification required to get admission in BCA is a pass in 12th with at least 50% marks.
~> Most of the colleges need either Mathematics or Computer Science as one of the subjects in 12th and also english as compulsory subjects.
~> Some colleges conducts their own entrance exam while some seeks admission on the basis of merit.
>> Fee Structure :
> The fee structure for BCA varies depending upon college.
If you want to do it from a private college then the 3 year course will take 1,50,000 approx.
And if you want to do it from a government college, then the 3 year course will be around 75,000.
>: The best colleges where you can pursue BCA are listed below :-
>> Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC), Hyderabad
>> Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIIMS), Bangalore
>> Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore
>> Apeejay Institute of Management, Jalandhar
>> Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC), Chandigarh
>> JK Business School (JKBS), Gurgaon
>> Indian Academy Group of Institutions, Bangalore
>> Indraprastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT), Jodhpur
>> Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
>> Management and Commerce Institute of Global Synergy, Ajmer
>> Satya Institute of Media and Management, Lucknow
~~> For further information, refer to the official websites of the institutes mentioned above....
19th December 2019, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

I got 48.4% in nios class 12 which courses are open on those numbers
19th August 2020, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

I scored 48 percentage in 12 th am I eligible for bba??
4th August 2021, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

i scored 49.6 percentage in 12th am i eligible for BCA?
14th September 2021, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for admission in BCA with 45% marks
30th September 2021, 04:24 PM
Alvia Khan

No, Because Candidates must have 12th passed with Minimum 50%marks then you are eligible for BCA.

BCA Bachelor Of Computer Application.

Duration of this course is 3 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?