27th June 2012, 01:53 AM
akidug

How to pursue M.Tech in Power System from IIT Delhi?

Sir,
may u please suggest me that pursuing m.tech in power system
from iit delhi is better or doing job in mnc-atkins (core coonsultancy). May you give me detailed pros and cons of both options along with your suggestion.
Waiting for the answer.
Thank you

31st October 2012, 07:01 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to pursue M.Tech in Power System from IIT Delhi?

Hello,
Well the M.Tech genre that you have chosen is quite impressive. Had this genre been of something else, then my opinion would have been something else. In my opinion you should go for such M.Tech genre definitely. Later on there might be a possibility that you do not get time at all for M.Tech course. This will be a powerful Master Degree course from job point of view. Now since IITs have some basic rules, so you might want to think of doing otherwise also. See for IITs in anywhere, it is basically needed that you do a GATE test. This is meant only for engineering degree courses. You can only opt for GATE if you already have a master degree or you have four year graduation degree. Not having any of these means that you cannot go for GATE examination at all. Now after you apply for it, you need to clear it, not only with a good but one of the top percentiles. Now this is really difficult. If you do not get a top level percentile then getting shortlisted by IIT for its interview procedure will be impossible. Thus M.Tech will be impossible.
So think about all these steps. If you do not feel confident about any of these steps, then better go for the job only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?