10th August 2012, 09:56 PM
aspiringstar

Is computer science and engineering one of the subjects under CSIR UGC NET? What is the upper age limit for JRF candidates

Is Computer Science and Engineering one of the subjects under csir-ugc net ?
The upper age limit for jrf candidates is 28.Is there any relaxation of age for csir-ugc(jrf) exam for female candidates?
Does UGC conduct separate exams for jrf and ls or one has to sit for one common exam ? Please respond.

12th August 2012, 02:06 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is computer science and engineering one of the subjects under CSIR UGC NET? What is the upper age limit for JRF candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiringstar View Post
Is Computer Science and Engineering one of the subjects under csir-ugc net ?
The upper age limit for jrf candidates is 28.Is there any relaxation of age for csir-ugc(jrf) exam for female candidates?
Does UGC conduct separate exams for jrf and ls or one has to sit for one common exam ? Please respond.
Complete Information On UGC NET

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted every year by the UGC for lectureship as well as JRF..

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate appearing for the NET must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

>> The candidate must have cleared her post graduation from a recognized University with an aggregate of 55% without rounding off (for general candidates) 50% (for OBC/SC/ST)

>> The candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must be within the age limit of 28 years as on 1st June or 1st December..No age restriction for lectureship candidates..

Note :- There is no age relaxation for female candidates neither there is any relaxation of percentage for them..

Also, the JRF and the lectureship exams are conducted in a combined manner..means candidates for both the streams shall be selected from the same exam only..

There are 3 papers which you will have to clear and all the exams shall be conducted on the very same day..

Yes, Computer Science is a subject in UGC NET but you should have done your post graduation in it else you won't be eligible for the exam..

I have attached the Computer Science syllabus as well as some recent previous year papers along with this post for your reference..

Go through them and I hope they will help you in your preparations..

Click Here in case you want any further details about the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
12th August 2012, 04:47 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is computer science and engineering one of the subjects under CSIR UGC NET? What is the upper age limit for JRF candidates

Complete Information On UGC NET

Eligibility Criterion :-

A candidate appearing for the NET must fulfill the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

>> The candidate must have cleared her post graduation from a recognized University with an aggregate of 55% without rounding off (for general candidates) 50% (for OBC/SC/ST)

>> The candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) must be within the age limit of 28 years as on 1st June or 1st December..

Also, the JRF and the lectureship exams are conducted in a combined manner..means candidates for both the streams shall be selected from the same exam only..

There are 3 papers which you will have to clear and all the exams shall be conducted on the very same day..

Yes, Computer Science is a subject in UGC NET but you should have done your post graduation in it else you won't be eligible for the exam..

I have attached the Computer Science syllabus as well as some recent previous year papers along with this post for your reference..

Click Here in case you want any further details about the exam..

Attached Files
Computer Science Syllabus for UGC NET.pdf(936.4 KB, 0 views)
Computer Science UGC NET December 2010.pdf(100.1 KB, 0 views)
Computer Science UGC NET December 2010 p3.pdf(114.3 KB, 0 views)
Computer Science UGC NET June 2010 p2.pdf(204.7 KB, 0 views)
Computer Science UGC NET June 2010 p3.pdf(141.4 KB, 0 views)
13th August 2012, 06:14 PM
Puneet.Dobhal

Default Re: Is computer science and engineering one of the subjects under CSIR UGC NET? What is the upper age limit for JRF candidates

I am doing Btech with Electronics 4th year am i eligible for JRF examination .What sciences should i opt ?? is there electronics sciences too??
11th July 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

What is eligibility for writing csir jrf net mathematical science exam??
31st May 2014, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

sir JRF OR NET EXAM K LIYE M.SC MAIN MERA GAP H TO KOI PROBLM TO NI HOGI.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?