2nd October 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for IAS exam? I am studying in degree 1st year degree

hai sir, i am studying in degree 1st year zoology.i am prepare for ias exam .sir please tell about the rools and regulations and questions about interviw. thank you sir. my email id [email protected]

29th November 2012, 09:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS exam? I am studying in degree 1st year degree

You need to clear CSAT exam as the primary step. The exam covers questions on general studies and general aptitude. Preparation on these can be done using aptitude books. Those who clear CSAT need to appear for mains exam and interview. Mains exam includes a subject of your choice and preparation can be done using graduate level books. Practicing previous year questions and training under coaching centers also help you to clear the exam.
30th November 2012, 11:35 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How can I prepare for IAS exam? I am studying in degree 1st year degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hai sir, i am studying in degree 1st year zoology.i am prepare for ias exam .sir please tell about the rools and regulations and questions about interviw. thank you sir. my email id [email protected]

Dear Aspirant,

A candidate who are aspiring to join IAS (Indian Administrative Service) have to apply for Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC every year.......
  1. A candidate who have completed their Graduation Degree in any Discipline from Recognized Universities....
  2. Age of candidate should be between 21 to 30 years...
  3. Relaxation is available for reserved category student +3 years for OBC and +5 years for SC/ST students......
  4. General Attempt 4 times
  5. for OBC 7 times and
  6. for SC/ST No Limit....

^^^^^^*** Books for Reference for IAS ***^^^^^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code: G486
ISBN: 9789350750605
Author: Dr. Kumud Ranjan Singh
Pages: 755
Price: 345/-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPSC IAS Civil Seva (Mukhya )Pariksha Adhyaaywar Vyakhyatmak Prashnottri Samaaj Shastra (Paper I & II)
Code: G489
ISBN: 9789350750636
Author: PN Jha
Pages: 590
Price: 325/-

Code: G302
ISBN: 9789350750384
Author: Prem Shankar Jha
Pages: 214
Price: 145/-

Code: G492
ISBN: 9789350751046
Author: Manoj Agarwal
Pages: 379
Price: 235/-

Code: G488
ISBN: 9789350750629
Author: AD Sharma
Pages: 645
Price: 325/-

All the Best

With Regards......
Dharm
30th November 2012, 12:09 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IAS exam? I am studying in degree 1st year degree

hai,

IAS stands Indian Administrative Serivice.Am giving as per my knowledge details about IAS.

Eligibility criteria:-

You should be complete graduation or an bachelor's degree from a recognised university.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Final year persuing candidates can also be eligible for this exam.

There is no required percentage to appear this exam.

Age criteria:-

For General candidates 21 years to 30years,

For OBC candidates 21 years to 33years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

For PH OBC candidates 21 years to 40years.

Selection steps:-

**Civil services preliminary exam,

**Civil services main exam,

**Personal interview.

Number of Attempts:-

4 times for general candidates,

7 times OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

all the best.............
30th November 2012, 03:00 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can go for coaching if you think you are not able to prepare properly on your own.

Coaching classes will make you study in a more disciplined manner and you will study regularly.

But in the end if you don’t revise what is taught at coaching classes then you will not gain anything from coaching.

Go for a coaching class if there is any good coaching in your city. You can ask from the students studying in the coaching class about the quality of the coaching .

If there isn’t any good coaching then it will be a waste of money to attend any coaching classes.

Many people have cleared IAS exams by preparing at home and doing correspondence coaching from coaching classes.

Syllabus for IAS exam is very vast and you have to give a lot of time to the subjects in which you are weak.

By proper time management you can study for less time and gain a lot.

IAS preparation is a continuous process and you have to make your way of studying a little bit interesting otherwise you will be bored and will not gain anything in spite of studying long hours.

Make a time table for every subject and assign time for each subjects according to your weakness.

Means those subjects in which you have problem must get more attention .

Buy some good books which have all the facts in a organised manner so that you can grasp it easily.
4th May 2014, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

in how many years we will become an ias officer after degree
31st May 2021, 08:08 PM
win2help

Once after completion of your degree or along with your degree, Join any best institute.
You will get good tips to crack IAS exam.
Once after completion of degree , you are eligible to attend IAS exam. So with no delay you can qualify in the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?