3rd September 2011, 01:13 AM
pradeep.y

Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?

sir my name is nani. i am studying 1is bsc. i want to prepare ias. please tell me the . exams pattern and syllebus.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  2. What to do to become an IAS officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Tech? Competitive books to prepare for IAS Exam?
  3. Syllabus, question paper and pattern for IAS? -- [New]
  4. What is the new pattern of IAS Exam? Syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
  5. How to sit for prestigious IAS exam? I am pursuing BSc Physics(Hons)
  6. Can I join coaching for BSc 1st year?
  7. Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  8. What is the syllabus and pattern of IAS exam?
  9. What things should I do to clear my IAS or IES Exam in first attempt pursuing 1st year of Mechanical Engineering from IIT-Delhi?
  10. What shall I do to become IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Com?
  11. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  12. What is the exam pattern and syllabus for IAS exam
  13. What shall I do to join B.Sc being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering course?
  14. How should I start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech?
  15. Exam pattern and syllabus for IAS entrance exam? I am a 4th year engineering student in ECE
  16. Which Books shall I refer to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing 1st year of BA course?
  17. What will be the duration to become an IAS? Exam pattern and syllabus to prepare for this Exam?
  18. IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms -- [Most Discussed]
3rd September 2011, 12:38 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?

To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam. So lets see the Eligibility criteria in Details.

Educational Qualification:-
Must hold a degree of any Discipline from any Recognized University.

Age Limits:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2010, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.(This is For IAS 2011 & For Next year Exam it will be different )

Attempts:-
For General Category :- only 4 times.
For SC/ST:- Any Time under the Above age Limits.
For OBC:- Only 7 times.

For Filling up of Application Form for IAS OR Civil service Exam you need to Visit www.upsconline.nic.in

It is having Two Exam one is Preliminary And 2nd One is Mains. If you clear Preliminary then only you are allowed to sit for Mains.
3rd September 2011, 02:17 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep.y View Post
sir my name is nani. i am studying 1is bsc. i want to prepare ias. please tell me the . exams pattern and syllebus.
To become I.A.S officer you need to crack the Civil Service Examination.See the eligibility criteria for this examination.I am mentioned below.

Education Qualification :-

The candidate must posses a bachelor degree from any recognized university and final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

Age limits :-

Age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing.
Upper age limits is given to the various reserved categories.

Attempts :-

4 attempts :- General candidates.
7 attempts :- OBC candidates.
No limits,you attempt number of times of this examination :- SC/ST category.

No,you are not eligible to apply for this examination.Because only final year candidates or pass out candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.

Preliminary Examination Pattern :-

After completing your graduation.First you need to clear the preliminary examination.After clearing the preliminary round are called for main examination.
9th September 2011, 07:37 PM
malek basit

Wink Re: Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?

hello sir...

dear friend,

After MBA , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

BEST OF LUCK..
27th October 2011, 11:07 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

dear friend,

After MBA , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.
27th October 2011, 11:37 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep.y View Post

How To Become An IAS Officer

In order to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer..you need to clear the UPSC Civil Service Exams..but first of all you need to complete you graduation..

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

The syllabus varies according to the optional subject you choose..so you can visit the following link in order to check out the syllabus for your subject..

Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
7th December 2011, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

sir, i m nishu i have completed m.sc in physics .can i apply for IAs ? and which subjects i have to prepare to clear the entrance test of IAS?
19th January 2013, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

IS IT NECESSARY FOR A CANDIDATE TO COMPLETE THE GRADUATION WITH HONOURS DEGREE FOR APPEARING IN IAS EXAM? AND SIR I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THE MINIMUM % OF MARKS REQUIRED FOR IAS EXAM. I WILL BE OBLIGED IF YOU TELL ME THIS IN DETAIL
26th June 2013, 08:19 AM
Ankur.Sunny

IAS recruitment exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission of Indian once in a year.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IAS(Civil Service Examination) has 2 stages:

• Preliminary Exam or CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test)

• Main Examination(Written Exam)

• You will be eligible for Main exam only after passing Preliminary Exam.

• IAS preliminary exam : over.

• IAS Main exam : 1.12.2013

Qualification for IAS:-

Graduation passed in any stream.

Age limit:-

For general category 21 to 33 years, for OBC category 21 to 35 for, for ST/SC category 21 to 35.

Nationality:-

Indian

Pattern of IAS(Civil Service) Preliminary Exam:

Pattern of IAS(Civil Service) Main Exam:

Best Books for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) :

• General Studies Manual 2014 : IAS Preliminary Exam
Publisher :
Kalinjar Publications

• CSAT Comprehensive Manual 2014 : IAS Preliminary Examination with Solved Papers
Publisher :
Kalinjar Publications

• CSAT : IAS Preliminary Examination Question Papers with Answer
Publisher :
UPSC Portal

• IAS Mains Civil Services Examination : General Studies Chapter wise Solved Papers
Publisher
: Arihant

Syllabus for IAS Exam :- check below in the attachment...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS Syllabus.pdf(346.2 KB, 63 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?