24th February 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Which is better GRE or GATE? Opportunities of getting grants or scholarship for doing MS in Abroad?

I am in first year B.E. , Electronics and communication engineering.I wanted to know which is better:GRE or GATE , for doing my masters. Also what are the advantages of one exam over the other.I have found out that it takes forty lakhs to do MS outside through GRE. What are the opportunities for grants or scholarship from the university i would join in abroad .
Thanking You
Debpriya

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about scholarship provided by universities in Abroad for MS? Preparation tips for GRE and TOEFL?
  2. Detailed information about the scholarship to study in Abroad through GRE?
  3. How to get scholarship or loan for doing Masters in Abroad after qualifying in GRE?
  4. Research work in Abroad with scholarship is possible through GRE? Books helpful for GRE preparation of last 5 years?
  5. How can I get admission with scholarship to study in Abroad through GRE?
  6. Can I study M.Tech in Abroad with GRE scorec? Scholarship to study M.Tech in Abroad?
  7. Do I need to crack GRE or some other exam for doing MBA from abroad after completing B.Tech in India? What will be the fee structure and scholarship offered?
  8. Scholarship and best universities in Abroad for ILETS and GRE?
  9. Which are the good books for GATE Civil? What is the cost to do MS in Abroad?
  10. Can I study M.Tech with scholarship in Abroad through GATE scorecard?
  11. Can I apply for GRE to pursue M.Tech in Abroad? Importance of GRE?
  12. Is it beneficial to prepare for GRE to study in Abroad?
  13. How much score is needed in GRE to study in Abroad? Pattern of GRE?
  14. Minimum percentage required in GRE to study MS in abroad? Job opportunities after doing M.S? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to study abroad after completing Bachelor of Arts when not financially strong?
  16. Procedure to study in Abroad through GRE? Eligibility to appear in GRE for B.Tech student?
  17. How can I get scholarship to study MS in Abroad?
  18. Career opportunities in Abroad for 12th PCM passed student? What kind of scholarship I will get to study in Abroad?
24th February 2015, 02:57 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better GRE or GATE? Opportunities of getting grants or scholarship for doing MS in Abroad?

If you want to pursue your MS in Aboard, then you should appear for GRE exam, because GATE score is not accepted by any of the foreign universities. So, you should choose only GRE exam to study in Aboard. And the chances of getting scholarships and Grantships, depends upon your academic profile. Because every university will offer scholarships for only few students, who have good academic profile. If you can have following academic profile, you will have a chance to get scholarship or Grantship.
1. Graduation - Above 70%
2. GRE - Above 300 marks
3. IELTS - Minimum 7 bands

Fee Expenses:-
The fee expenses varies from one university to another university, whereas the minimum fee expenses will be around 15 lakhs and it may increase depending upon the university, in which you are interested to join.
24th February 2015, 08:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better GRE or GATE? Opportunities of getting grants or scholarship for doing MS in Abroad?

Both GRE and GATE examinations are best examinations in which most of the candidates who have completed appears in these examinations. If you are interested to do MS course in Abroad universities, then, you need to appear in GRE examination or if you are interested to do M.Tech course in India or if you are trying for a job in PSU's, then, you can appear in GATE examination. To get scholarship from the university for pursuing your higher studies in Abroad, you must have secured minimum aggregate of 70% marks in your Graduation degree from a recognised university and you must have scored good marks in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examinations and you need to apply for admission to MS course in the university before 5-6 months of commencement of semester to get scholarship from the university for pursuing your higher studies in Abroad.
4th April 2015, 11:51 PM
bichapoda

As your planning for your Masters GRE is the exam which you have to write , because GATE is for candidates who want to do there M.Tech in India.

Compared to GRE and GATE both have there own importance based on your interest of Study.

GRE exam is for candidates who want to do Masters in US where as GATE is for the candidates who want o do there M.Tech in INDIA.

When comes to Scholarships , if your GRE score is good then you will be Eligible for getting Scholarships.

Every University you apply will have there own Eligibility criteria to offer Scholarship, if you satisfy it then the University will give you Scholarship.

To be avail of Scholarship you need to get more 315 Marks in you GRE exam which is max 340 Marks.

Not Only scholarships most of the Universities in US give you Admission based on your GRE Score only.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?