26th January 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I study M.Tech with scholarship in Abroad through GATE scorecard?

Hello
I am a B tech ECE final year student in an AICTE approved institution.
I have an average of more than 80%. Is it possible for me to get an admission for Mtech in any of the prestigious instituton abroad with scholarship?Is there any relevance for gate score for the same?
kindly reply.......

27th January 2015, 07:32 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech with scholarship in Abroad through GATE scorecard?

No, you cannot get admission in foreign universities with GATE score, because GATE score is not accepted by foreign universities. To get admission in foreign universities, you have to appear for GRE and IELTS exam. Most of the foreign universities consider these exam scores to offer Master admission to the students. So, first try to complete both GRE and IELTS exams. After After completing these exams, you should apply for admission in universities, by sending your application form along with following documents.
1)Transcripts
2)Score cards
3)LOR'S
4)SOP
5)Resume
6)Passport
7)Affidavit & Bank Statement

Scholarship:-
You will have a chance to get a scholarship from most of the universities, if you can satisfy following criteria.
1. Graduation - Above 70%
2. GRE - Minimum 300 marks
3. IELTS - 6.5 bands
So, try to satisfy above said requirements, to get a scholarship from the university, in which you want to join.
27th January 2015, 07:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study M.Tech with scholarship in Abroad through GATE scorecard?

Yes, definitely you can study M.Tech in Abroad without having GATE score. GATE score is valid only for applying to admission in M.Tech course in Indian Institutions. To get admission in M.Tech course in foreign universities, you need to appear in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examination. Appearing in GRE examination is not mandatory for all foreign universities but, It depends on the type of university you are going to apply for admission in M.Tech course. So, by scoring good marks in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examination, you can get admission in M.Tech course in foreign universities without having GATE score. Since, you want to pursue M.Tech course with Scholarship in Abroad, you must apply for admission in universities before 6-8 months of commencement of semester and you must have score good marks in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examination to get scholarship for pursuing your higher studies in Abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?