20th December 2014, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for GRE being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) final year student? Brief information about GRE?

hello
i m a student of final year b.tech in civil branch ,
can i apply for GRE for m.tech ..?
and give a brief description about GRE...?

21st December 2014, 01:58 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for GRE being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) final year student? Brief information about GRE?

Yes, you can apply for GRE exam. But, you cannot get an M.Tech admission through GRE. Because, GRE exam is for the candidates, who wish to pursue their MS in foreign countries. So, for M.Tech admission, you Should apply for GATE exam which will be conducted every year.
If you have any plans for MS in abroad, then You should appear for GRE exam. This exam is conducted throughout the year. So, you can write GRE exam at any time.

GRE :-
GRE exam is used to assess the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning sections.It is conducted for 340 marks.Every candidate, who attends the exam will be given 260 marks initially. And the exam will be conducted for remaining 80 marks.

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam will have three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays
21st December 2014, 02:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for GRE being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) final year student? Brief information about GRE?

Yes, you can apply for GRE examination being a B.Tech Final year student. If you wish to pursue MS course, then, you need to appear for GRE examination. You need to appear for GATE examination to get admission in M.Tech course. Since, you are interested to pursue M.Tech course, there is no need to appear for GRE examination and you need to appear for GATE examination to get admission in M.Tech course :-

Details Regarding GRE Examination :-
1. GRE stands for Graduate Record Examination.

2. GRE is conducted and administrated by Educational Training Services.

3. Anyone irrespective of Educational Qualification, age limit, etc. can appear for GRE examination.

4. Candidates who wish to pursue their higher studies in foreign countries need to appear for GRE examination.

5. The validity of GRE score is 5 years.
22nd July 2022, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

As I have been told that it would take 1 year to get processed after GRE exam. So is it okay to appear for gre exam in my final graduation year,so that i will not be left with gap in my education carrer .
6th August 2022, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Before btech can we write gre exam and can I complete btech in aboard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?