11th February 2017, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for MS in Computer Science in USA after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

I am pursuing B.Tech Civil Now after b.tech can I go for computer science in My masters in abroad (US) if yes please let me know what I need to do for that? Will it be good or not? Can you please guide me with the right information on this?

Related Questions:
  1. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  2. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  3. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  4. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  5. Jobs in Indian Railway after completing B.Tech with 55% in Computer Science and Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to get direct admission to 3rd year Civil engineering after completion of diploma in Computer Science engineering? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc in USA after completion of B.Sc Computer Science in distance mode?
  8. M.tech/MS without any entrance exam
  9. Job Opportunities after completion of Civil Engineering? Will there be more Job Opportunities for me after completion of Civil Engineering compared to Computer Science Engineering?
  10. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  11. USA civil engineering job are avilable or not for Indian people without citizenship of USA?
  12. Which degree to choose in USA after completion of diploma in computer engineering?
  13. Is it possible for me to do MS in USA after completion of B.E in Civil Engineering?
  14. Which course is better to take after completion ofdiploma in civil engineering
  15. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  16. Can i get admission in MS course in USA with 32 backlogs pending?
  17. How to get a job in Indian Railways after completing B.Tech computer science with 55%?
  18. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
13th February 2017, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for MS in Computer Science in USA after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am pursuing B.Tech Civil Now after b.tech can I go for computer science in My masters in abroad (US) if yes please let me know what I need to do for that? Will it be good or not? Can you please guide me with the right information on this?
No, B.Tech in Civil Engineering candidates are not eligible for MS course in Computer Science.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree in Computer Science or its equivalent course from a recognized University are eligible for MS course in Computer Science.

Your age should be above 16 years.
13th February 2017, 01:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go for MS in Computer Science in USA after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue MS in Computer Science in USA after completion of your B.Tech Civil Engineering course from a recognised university. But, you have to study three or four extra subjects in MS related to computer science as specified by your respective university. If you are interested to do a software job then, it is best to switch from Civil to Computer Science else, it is best to pursue your masters in the same stream in which you have done your Bachelor's degree course.
20th July 2022, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

i completed my bachelors in civil engineering and now i applied for computer sciences what to answer in visa interview if they asked why you are changing the domain
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?