28th February 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Do Universities in USA consider 12th standard marks for admission into masters program?

Do Universities in USA consider 12th standard marks for admission into masters program? Can you let me know the minimum eligibility criteria which they will look for? Awaiting to get the answer soon on the same. Thank you!

29th February 2016, 06:48 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Do Universities in USA consider 12th standard marks for admission into masters program?

They look at the career of the candidate throughout and there is no emphasis on a particular Examination.
You need to clear the GRE and TOEFL Entrance Examinations as well as have a good academic track record throughout the career to be eligible for the course of MS from US.
The minimum eligibility that is set as a criteria is that you should have completed your Bachelor of Technology degree from a recognized University.
Once you have done that and cleared the Entrance Examinations the rest is up to the University on who they will choose.
1st March 2016, 12:32 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do Universities in USA consider 12th standard marks for admission into masters program?

Yes, marks in 12 th standard is taken into consideration for admission process in the USA universities. Marks in 10th,12th and graduation is taken into consideration for admission in US universities along with entrance exam scores. However, if you had not performed well in 12th standard then you can compensate by scoring high marks in written entrance exam and performing well in the interview. Make sure to upload a resume which should be capable enough to compensate your bad performance in 12 th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?