10th September 2015, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Does Medical Council of India conducts entrance test for MBBS candidates of Abroad?

Hello Friends,
I am ready to visit USA for doing MBBS course. I just want to know that after completing MBBS in USA, when I will come back to India then again I have to give any entrance exam by Medical Council of India? I have heard about it that student who are coming back after doing MBBS from Abroad need to give entrance exam. Is it true?

29th November 2015, 08:47 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Medical Council of India conducts entrance test for MBBS candidates of Abroad?

Yes, you are absolutely right, you have heard the truth. When you come back to India, if you want to practice in India and get the license you need to clear the screening exam conducted by Medical Council of India. The screening test is conducted every year by MCI for the students who have pursed MBBS course in abroad and now returning to India and want to practice in India. Without clearing the screening exam, you will not get the license to practice and you cannot practice legally.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?