8th November 2014, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to crack TOEFL? Cost of application form?

Hello
kindly tell me how to prepare toelf entrance exam?
How much cost is application fee????
please reply as soon as possible
waiting for your reply

11th November 2014, 01:25 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack TOEFL? Cost of application form?

TOEFL is a tough test. But if you have a good preparation and be confident then you can easily score good marks. It is the relative performance with other students which matter. However, the competition level is very high. Hence a good preparation is needed to get good scores and get chance in the leading universities. The cost of application is US $139.

Some tips to help you for preparation and getting good score.

- The test is divided into four sections - Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. Hence preparation in each section is essential to score good marks.
- You need to read a lot. Read newspapers, magazines,wikipedia, news websites and listen to podcasts and recorded lectures.
- Talk in english as much as possible in daily life.
- Try to infer the main theme from various lectures and write-ups as well as try to improve vocabulary by using high frequency words in daily life.
- Practice summarizing and paraphrasing texts. Use charts and outlines to organize the ideas in a text. Practice speed reading techniques. Practice reading (and answering questions) on a computer screen.
- Read aloud a short article from a newspaper, campus newspaper, magazine, textbook, or the Internet.
- Practice various sample papers of TOEFL as well as stuffs given in the coaching institutes.

You need to control and apply all your skills - Reading, writing, speaking and listening to do well and get a good score in TOEFL. Sample papers are attached for you to get an idea and for your practice.

You can refer to the below mentioned books for a good preparation.

-OFFICIAL GUIDE TO TOEFL TEST (English)
-Official Toefl Ibt Vol.1 W/Cd (English)
-Cambridge Preparation For The Toefl Test (English)
-Cracking the TOEFL iBT 2014 (English)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TOEFL - TOEFL Exam Essentials.pdf(369.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: zip TOEFL papers.zip(1.96 MB, 21 views)
File Type: pdf TOEFL_Tips.pdf(3.77 MB, 59 views)
11th November 2014, 01:54 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to crack TOEFL? Cost of application form?

TOEFL stands Test of English as a Foreign Language. This exam is conducted to test the ability of a student in the following sections of English.
1)Speaking
2)Reading
3)Writing
4)Listening
If you are good at English language then you can prepare yourself by getting books, which are available in the market. Otherwise, you should join in any TOEFL coaching center.
If you want to prepare yourself, You can prepare by reading various books, Listening English conversations and start speaking in English with your friends. So, by doing all these things you can get more command on English language which will be helpful for your exam.

FEE:-
The exam for TOEFL is $170(US).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?