15th March 2015, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for studying abroad while studying 10th standard?

Hi,

I'm currently studying 10th standard, in the ICSE curriculum.I am keen on getting into a reputed German university for post graduate after completing undergraduate in IIT. I know that I will meet fierce competition for entry into a renowned university.So I want to start my preparations early.Please tell me what I should start doing right now. I am also interested in getting scholarships for my studies abroad, as I am from a middle class family.

Related Questions:
15th March 2015, 10:16 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for studying abroad while studying 10th standard?

If you want to pursue your Post Graduation from any German university, you should complete IELTS exam. That's because German universities offers admissions b y considering IELTS scores of the applicants. And there is no need to start your Preparation from now, because 3 or 4 months are enough to prepare for IELTS exam. So, you can prepare and complete your IELTS exam, when you are in the last semester of Bachelor's course. IELTS exam score is valid for only 2 years. So, don't try to give your IELTS exam now.

IELTS :-
IELTS is an exam to assess the ability of a candidate in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. IELTS exam score is calculated for 10 bands.

Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
15th March 2015, 03:25 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for studying abroad while studying 10th standard?

It is the best thing to plan for the course well in Advance.
So to prepare from now on you will have to focus on your English Knowledge and also your Mathematics Knowledge.
If you are able to get yourself a good base for these two subjects going forward you will increase your chances of going Abroad.
So from now on make sure to increase your vocabulary.
It is another must for all the aspiring students who eventually want to go Abroad.
Also make sure that your career record is very good throughout.
That is the other thing that is taken into consideration by the Universities when admission is given to the students for the Post Graduation courses.
Start preparing slowly from now on and you will have ample time to cover all the bases in time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?