16th January 2016, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

How to set career after MS in computer science in abroad?

My question is regarding the master of science course in computer science offered by the leading IV league universities in the USA and others around the globe. So far I've read on the university websites that I need exceptional research work to be done in computer science and an outstanding GPA at college to get admission. Also, I would have to give the GRE general test and GRE subject test along with TOEFL.

I have 3 main questions:

1) I'm in 5th semester and my GPA is 3.2/4.0 and the requirement is that of GPA>3.0. My GPA in 3rd semester was 2.8/4.0. Does this mean I cannot apply to IV league universities? Or would an AVERAGE of my GPA over 3.0 allow me to apply?

2) How do I prepare for the GRE subject test for computer science?

3) The other problem is that there aren't any details about what happens after the masters. It may enhance my educational background but the course is very EXPENSIVE. Hence, I would like to know if placements are done via university or do we have to apply to the IT giants like IBM, Microsoft, Google on our own by sending applications and resumes to them?
What are the chances of me getting a better job after the masters? Or do the chances remain the same as they are after B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. How to do Computer Science Engineering abroad after completing 11th?
  2. Is it possible for me to get a job in abroad after completion of B.Sc Computer Science course? Do I need to do any other extra course in abroad to get the job?
  3. How can I do PhD in Computer Science from Abroad? Qualification required for it?
  4. How to set career after MS in computer science in abroad? -- [New]
  5. Best G institute in Abroad for doing courses after B.Tech in Computer Science?
  6. Previous year question papers of NET SET for Computer Science?
  7. What can I do for my career in masters in computer science?
  8. Entrance exams to study PhD in Computer Science in Abroad for M.Tech(CSE) candidate?
  9. Which career is best for me after completing MSc Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility to study MS in Computer Science in Abroad for B.Tech(ECE) graduate? Specializations related to Computer Science?
  11. Am I eligible to do further studies in abroad after completion of B.Sc Computer Science? What is the admission procedure followed?
  12. Computer Science related courses available in Abroad for 12th student?
  13. List of reputed universities which offer M.Sc(Computer Science) in Abroad? Entrance exams to get admission?
  14. List of universities which offer Integrated PhD(Computer Science) in Abroad
  15. Courses to study in Abroad for B.Com with Computer Application graduate?
  16. Can I get a job in abroad after graduating in B.Tech computer science, Punjab
  17. Which entrance exam to write to do masters in abroad after doing BSc Computer Science?
  18. What is the career after B.E computer science? I have worked for 2 years in IT organization
30th January 2016, 11:24 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to set career after MS in computer science in abroad?

Quote:
1) I'm in 5th semester and my GPA is 3.2/4.0 and the requirement is that of GPA>3.0. My GPA in 3rd semester was 2.8/4.0. Does this mean I cannot apply to IV league universities? Or would an AVERAGE of my GPA over 3.0 allow me to apply?
Yes, you are right. Average or aggregate GPA will be taken into account and not the GPA in individual semesters. However, GPA of each semester will be asked during application and it can be taken into consideration during tie-breaker at the time of admission.

Quote:
2) How do I prepare for the GRE subject test for computer science?
You can start off from the stuff which you are studying in your graduation. Have good grasp of the subjects of graduation. Then you can join coaching institutes for a better preparation and assessment. You can refer different GRE competitive books and sample test papers. Keep a revision time daily and believe in yourself.

Quote:
3) The other problem is that there aren't any details about what happens after the masters. It may enhance my educational background but the course is very EXPENSIVE. Hence, I would like to know if placements are done via university or do we have to apply to the IT giants like IBM, Microsoft, Google on our own by sending applications and resumes to them?
What are the chances of me getting a better job after the masters? Or do the chances remain the same as they are after B.Tech?
Before joining any institute check its exposure facilities and the placement opportunities. Most of the IV league universities have good placement opportunities. However, it is better to cross-check before taking admission in them. After Masters, your profile will be enhanced and you can opt for a better salaried job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?