19th August 2015, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to join IB for State Board student to study B.Tech in Abroad? Should I drop a year for this?

Sir,
Is it necessary to be an IB student to get a good university for doing B.Tech in Abroad? I was an ICSE student upto class 10th then I have got shifted to State Board. I am planning to drop one year after completing my 12th to study from IB so as to gain a higher knowledge. Am I on the right track?

Related Questions:
  1. B.Tech in Abroad with scholarship for 12th PCM student?
  2. Is it difficult to study MS in Abroad if having backlog in B.Tech? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech for study MS in Abroad?
  3. Is it difficult to study MS in Abroad if having backlog in B.Tech? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech for study MS in Abroad?
  4. Is it difficult to study MS in Abroad if having backlog in B.Tech? Cutoff percentage required in B.Tech for study MS in Abroad?
  5. How can I study MS in Abroad with scholarship being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student?
  6. How to join Merchant Navy if I am a student of 12th commerce with Maths in state board
  7. How should I study abroad? I am a 2nd year ECE student
  8. What are the qualifications required for state board exam(Civil Engineering)? Do I need to study again?
  9. Where I can study MBBS in Abroad at low cost if discontinued in 2nd year?
  10. Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad?
  11. Direct 2nd year B.Tech in VIT after Diploma? Is there any problem for Diploma holder to study Abroad?
  12. Chances to study B.Tech in Abroad for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering student?
  13. How can I get scholarship for Abroad studies?
  14. Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?
  15. Courses available to study in Abroad for 12th Biology student?
  16. Possibility to study B.Tech in Abroad for 12th NIOS student?
  17. Procedure to study B.Tech in Abroad for Diploma student?
  18. What is the procedure of studying MCA course from abroad after completing BCA from India? -- [Most Discussed]
12th May 2018, 06:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to join IB for State Board student to study B.Tech in Abroad? Should I drop a year for this?

No, there is no compulsion to do so, if you are looking to study engineering abroad. There are other entrance exams like SAT (Scholastic Altitude Test) for admission.

Other than SAT, you need to have good scores in IELTS/TOEFL for English proficiency, which is the basic requirement for studying abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?