11th December 2014, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad?

Hello
I want to study abroad.....I am a
student of btech final year....
so sat is helpful for me????
kindly let me know soon
thank you and regards

13th December 2014, 06:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad?

Since, you are a student of B.Tech final year, it is best to appear for GRE examination instead of appearing in SAT examination. SAT examination is generally taken by the 11th and 12th standard students for admission in US colleges for pursuing their studies. Candidates who have completed Graduation or who are in the final year of Graduation degree need to appear for GRE examination to get admission in foreign universities for pursuing their higher studies. So, I suggest you to appear for GRE examination instead of appearing for SAT examination.
13th December 2014, 11:42 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it beneficial to appear in SAT for studying in Abroad?

SAT is an entrance exam, for the students who want to pursue their Graduation in American universities. So, You are not eligible for SAT. Because you are already pursuing your Graduation course. So, you should apply for GRE and IELTS exams to continue your further education in abroad.

GRE :-
GRE exam consists of following sections
1)Quantitative Aptitude - 40 marks
2)Verbal Reasoning - 40 marks
3)Analytical Writing section - 6points
This exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in both Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning. It is conducted for 340 marks. Every candidate, who attends the exam will be given 260 marks initially. And the exam will be conducted for remaining 80 marks.

IELTS Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
IELTS exam score will be calculated in 10 bands.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?