26th August 2014, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Is PG Diploma in Counseling Psychology acceptable in foreign universities?

Hi Everyone,

I have done my Bachelors in Applied Psychology from a private university. I wish to study for my Masters from USA, but since Bachelor of Arts degree in India is only for 3 years, my education is only for 15 years, and universities in USA ask for 16 year education. I want to know that do foreign universities accept PG diploma, which is for a year? Is there some sort of another requirement too? Like, the course should be AICTE approved?
Also, is distance learning course acceptable?

I would appreciate if anyone can reply ASAP.
Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue Psychology for post graduation? I am currently studying in 3rd year IT in Pune University
  2. Which are the universities in Bangalore offering diploma courses? I have done MBA(HR)
  3. Is a PG in Commerce eligible to pursue a Masters in Counseling Psychology ?
  4. List of Universities offering Diploma in Child Psychology in Punjab?
  5. How to enter foreign universities for m.tech in biotechnology with scholarships?
  6. Want to know about various MBA entrance exams -- [Most Discussed]
  7. TNOU M.Sc in Psychology 2nd Year Counselling And Behaviour Modification Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  8. How to be a clinical psychologist? I am doing M.A Psychology from IGNOU
  9. Contact details and courses offered in Foreign Universities?
  10. Is graduation is compulsory for GMAT? Will Foreign universities consider me after good score
  11. Requirements to pursue MBA in Abroad after BBA from India? Should I directly move Abroad for doing bachelor degree again?
  12. Details of best colleges/universities which conduct PG diploma courses in Child Psychology through distance education?
  13. Top universities and their entrance exams for Master in Psychology? Previous year papers of those entrance exam?
  14. Eligibility for MS from Foreign universities?
  15. Foreign universities which offer the M.Tech Neuroscience?
  16. Can I do PhD in Psychology if done MBA in HR and Finance? List of universities offering this course?
  17. Will the proposed foreign universities be thread to Indian Universities?
  18. Can I become a Psychologist after doing 12th in commerce stream and graduation and also in commerce stream
5th January 2018, 04:59 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PG Diploma in Counseling Psychology acceptable in foreign universities?

As you said you have Bachelors Degree in Applied Psychology and you want to pursue Master's in Counseling Psychology. So you can not pursue Master's in Counseling Psychology from Anna Maria college, USA on basis of your 3 year Bachelors course in Applied Psychology and PG diploma course.

Admission requirements to pursue Master's in Counseling Psychology:-
> You must have a Bachelor Degree of at least 4 years (B.Tech./B.E. etc.) or Master Degree following 3 year Bachelor Degree.
> You will have to submit Essay/Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) with your online application.
> You will have to submit Official Transcript and Official Transcript with your online application.
> You need to pursue English proficiency test TOEFL/IELTS/PTE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?