29th October 2014, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to pursue PhD in Germany?

sir,i have completed my MBA recently and i would like to pursue my further PhD in Germany so,what is the requirement?

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements and eligibility criteria to pursue Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Biotechnology? List of institutes in Germany and how can I get admission?
  2. How can I apply for PhD in Germany?
  3. Procedure and requirements to pursue PhD from Germany? What would be the Fee structure?
  4. After MSc in Organic Chemistry how can I pursue Ph.d in Germany? Eligibility criteria and the list of institutes in Germany?
  5. Requirements & eligibility to do Ph.D in Germany? list of institutes for Ph.D in Germany? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. List of universities in Germany from where I can pursue pharma PhD after completing M.Pharma in pharmacology?
  7. Possibilities to do Ph.D in Germany after scoring 55% in M.pharmacy? What are the requirements?
  8. Ph.D from Germany after M.S Pharmacy in India? Requirements for the same?
  9. How to pursue Ph.D from Germany after completing MSc in Chemistry
  10. Requirements and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany after MSc in Organic Chemistry? List of institutes in Germany?
  11. Requirements and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany? List of institutes offering the course and how to take admission?
  12. Requirements and eligibility for PhD Microbiology Abroad? List of institutes in Germany?
  13. Requirements, eligibility and institutes in Germany for M.Sc Microbiology?
  14. How to pursue Ph.D in Earth Sciences in Germany? I have finished MSc in Geophysics
  15. Requirements and eligibility criteria to study Ph.D Abroad?
  16. What is the requirement and eligibility to study Ph.D in Germany? Details about scholarship?
  17. PhD after MSc Pharmacology in Germany
  18. Requirements and eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Germany after completing MSc Biotechnology? List of institutes for Ph.D in Germany?
30th October 2014, 09:43 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Requirements to pursue PhD in Germany?

It is a good choice of doing PhD in Germany. To do PhD in Germany following are the requirements

• Need to appear for TOEFL or IELTS. This proves that you are good at English language
• Need to have knowledge on German language.

Some Universities in Germany, may ask to write thesis in German language before selecting the candidate for PhD. They even ask for certification in German Language.

Here are two certifications:

• TestDaF
• DSH

PhD Colleges in Germany:

• Humboldt University Berlin
• Berlin Mathematical School
• RWTH Aachen University
• University of Konstanz
• University of Colonge
• University of Leipzig

You can get the internship/scholarship for PhD programme, by appearing for scholarship exam. Full details ate found HERE.
30th October 2014, 11:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to pursue PhD in Germany?

GRE scores are utilized by most universities for giving admission into Post Graduation and Doctorate programs. Hence, you can apply for GRE and score good marks in it, then you will be eligible to apply for admission for Ph.D in Germany.

Also, to prove your English proficiency you have to get a decent score in IELTS/TOEFL, which is the most common standardized test for English language. Most of the universities across Germany accept IELTS/TOEFL scores to give admission in those courses which are offered in English Language.

You also have to give transcripts related to your education qualification. Most of the universities ask for letter of the recommendation from a person who has been associated with you during your academics or professionally.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?