12th May 2014, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Requirements to study engineering in UK universities?

Sir now i am a student of 11th std and i want to study in uk univercites after completing 12th from CBSE board Delhi,India. I am also prepairing for IIT examination. So what are the requirments to study in enginearing strem in UK univercities. How i can apply for admissions.

Related Questions:
  1. Requirements to study engineering in UK universities? -- [New]
  2. How to Study Physics Abroad? Different Scholarships available?
  3. Procedure for studying in abroad? Fee structure and the scholarship programs? Best universities and the requirements?
  4. Is it necessary to take GRE test to apply for the universities in Germany? List of universities offering the course?
  5. List of universities in Germany offering MS in automobile fields? What are the requirements I need to fulfill?
  6. What are the requirements to study MBBS in any Indian Government Universities? What is the school fees?
  7. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Best universities offering Petroleum or Mining Engineering? What is the entry requirements?
  9. Should I study Aeronautical Engineering after 10th? What are the basic requirements?
  10. Am I eligible to do law after completing B.A in Political Science with 49%?
  11. Is it possible to do Ph.D abroad after M.Tech from Indian Universities? Requirements for studying in abroad universities?
  12. How to study MS in Aerospace Engineering after completion of my B.Tech? Which are the top universities for the course?
  13. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  14. Universities in India offering MS program in computers?
  15. What is the difference between BE and B.Tech?
  16. How may I apply for MS and research programs in Germany? List of the universities along with their entrance exam and eligibility criteria offering MS course in mechanical and automobile engineering in Germany? I have done BE in mechanical with 73%
  17. Qualification needed to study abroad in Computer Science and Engineering branch?
  18. Can I apply universities by sending them IELTS score later?
3rd January 2015, 11:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Requirements to study engineering in UK universities?

To continue your further education in UK, you have to complete two exams called SAT and IELTS. Because, universities offers admission by considering the SAT and IELTS score of students. After completing the exams, you can apply for admission in universities, by sending your application form along with your test scores. Then the universities will send you an admission letter, if your academic profile satisfies university admission requirements.

IELTS :-
This is an exam to test the ability of a person in Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking sections of English. Each section will hold forty marks.

Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
IELTS exam score will be calculated in 10 bands.

SAT:-
SAT is conducted on the following sections
1. Critical Reading
2. Writing
3. Mathematics

Exam Pattern:-
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?