9th March 2015, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in both General and Subject papers of GRE to study PhD in USA?

Hello,
I want to do PhD in USA.
So, can you tell me that I have to
give both General and Subject papers of GRE?
Please tell me as soon as possible
Thank you in advance

10th March 2015, 02:34 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in both General and Subject papers of GRE to study PhD in USA?

No, there is no need to appear for both General GRE and subject GRE exams. You should choose any one exam, among them depending upon your field of study. If you are from any one of the fields, then you should appear for Subject GRE exam.
->Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
->Biology
->Chemistry
->Literature in English
->Mathematics
->Physics
->Psychology

Otherwise you should appear for General GRE exam. But, there is no need to appear for both General GRE and subject GRE exams.
11th March 2015, 12:28 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in both General and Subject papers of GRE to study PhD in USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I want to do PhD in USA.
So, can you tell me that I have to
give both General and Subject papers of GRE?
Please tell me as soon as possible
Thank you in advance
No the subject GRE is not that important if you have good depth in your Domain Knowledge.
The Universities of Abroad generally give admission on the basis of the GRE Marks and the Interview that will be conducted once you have cracked the Examination.
To study PhD Abroad you need to prepare for the GRE Examination in Advance and make sure that you are well prepared before the Examination as the marks obtained in the Examination has a lot of weight when it comes to admission.

You will have to at first appear for the GRE Examination.
The GRE Examination is conducted many times a year and it is upto the candidate to decide which date is more suited to him.
There is another Examination the TOEFL Examination which is another must.
If you are able to crack both the Examination then you will be given a list of Universities from where you will have to choose the University name and the course that you want to avail.
There will be a personal Interview that will be conducted via Skype Calling.
During this Interview the Interviewer will try to assess your Domain Knowledge on the subject in which you want to pursue your PhD.
If the Interviewer is satisfied with your Domain Knowledge then you will be provided with admission into the PhD Course.
If you are good with your Interview you may also get a Full Scholarship from the University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?