26th November 2013, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Should I have to do M.Sc before PhD in Canada? In which universities of Canada seats are easily available?

I have done my m.pharmacy in pharmaceutics.i am planning for further studies,aim is to do p.hd in canada.
should i plan for m.sc first in canada and then think about p.hd later or can i directly apply for phd .
what are the universities in canada where i am likely to get phd seat.

21st December 2013, 07:38 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Should I have to do M.Sc before PhD in Canada? In which universities of Canada seats are easily available?

Post graduation degree is essential to pursue PhD in any country especially Canada or USA. You need to pursue first the MS course in pharmaceutics and then go for phd. Hence first plan for MS in Canada. However, your desire to go for higher studies is really appreciable in the modern world where people run behind jobs just after completing graduation or 10+2.

However, you need to keep in mind that you have to become a registered pharmacist first and then pursue MS. In order to be registered pharmacist, you need to qualify the FPGEE (Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination) followed by the NAPLEX (North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination). Apart from these, you need to qualify in the GRE and TOEFL exams. You must remember that becoming pharmacist is quite tough in the North American countries as compared to India.

There are various universities in Canada where you can pursue your MS degree and then PhD. Canada is considered as the best alternative to study in US. However, you can also pursue studies in USA. The top universities in Canada and USA are as follows :-

-University of Toronto
-University of British Columbia
-Simon Fraser University
-University of Alberta
-McGill University
-University of Calgary
-University of Waterloo
-Université de Montréal
-York University
-University of Saskatchewan
-McMaster University
-University of Western Ontario

In USA :-
1 University of Illinois-Chicago
2 Purdue University
3 Ohio State University
4 University of California
5 University of Cincinnati:
6 University of Kentucky
7 Ferris State University
8 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
9 University of North Carolina
10 University of Tennessee
11 University of Oklahoma
12 University of Utah
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?