22nd May 2015, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if permission denied to appear in PLAB after completing Medicine in West Indies?

Hello,
I have completed my Medicine from a university in West Indies. Apparently after I have completed it, I found out that I am not permitted to write PLAB or anyother exams. In fact I am not sure if I can write USMLE. I am thinking of changing my profession but I love being a doctor. Australian Medical exams are tough and I know people who have written it and are still waiting. Please help me because I don't know what to do.

23rd July 2023, 01:13 AM
ManojTejPratap

Default Re: What should I do if permission denied to appear in PLAB after completing Medicine in West Indies?

I understand your frustration. It can be very disappointing to find out that you are not eligible to take the PLAB or other exams after completing your medical degree.
Here are a few things you can do:
  • Check with the Medical Council of England (GMC) to see if there is any way you can be granted permission to take the PLAB. The GMC has a number of criteria that must be met in order to be eligible to take the PLAB, but there may be exceptions in your case.
  • Look into the USMLE. The USMLE is a series of exams that are required to practice medicine in the United States. You may be eligible to take the USMLE even if you are not eligible to take the PLAB.
  • Consider taking the Australian Medical Council (AMC) exams. The AMC exams are required to practice medicine in Australia. The AMC exams are more difficult than the PLAB or USMLE, but they may be a good option for you if you are interested in practicing medicine in Australia.
  • Talk to a medical education consultant. A medical education consultant can help you assess your options and develop a plan to achieve your goal of becoming a doctor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?