25th May 2016, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Whether 3 year degree is not valid to study MS in USA?

I'm studying in BCA second year and I want to do MS in USA. But actually I heard that 3 years degree is not valid to do MS? Is it true?

31st May 2016, 12:47 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 3 year degree is not valid to study MS in USA?

No, 3 years degree is not valid to study MS in USA. To be eligible to do MS in USA, you must have studied 16 years of education in India in any of the below mentioned ways :-

10+2+ four year degree program (or) 10+3 year diploma + 3 year degree (or) 10+2+ 3 year degree (B.Sc.) + 2 year masters (M.Sc).

So, if you want to study MS in US then, you must have to study Masters in India, so, that your 16 years of education will be completed in India and you are eligible to do MS in USA.
31st May 2016, 06:11 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 3 year degree is not valid to study MS in USA?

Yes, you are correct. You cannot opt for MS course after completion of graduation course in India which is of three years duration. You need to pursue either four years of undergraduate course or you need to pursue graduation and post graduation diploma/degree course from India and then go for MS course in USA. There will be problem in getting study visa too if you are going for MS course on the basis of three years of graduation course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?