4th August 2015, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Why it is necessary to appear in Subject GRE? Is it preferable for PhD in Biotechnology?

Hello everyone,
If General GRE score will be sufficient, then why Subject GRE is there? Even MIT, Biology Department said they don't need subject GRE. Does Subject GRE score will provide me some value, I mean any preference for PhD in Biotechnology?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get admission to study PhD in Abroad through GRE being a M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  2. Can I get admission to study PhD(Biotechnology) with full scholarship in US without appearing in GRE?
  3. Eligibility for PhD in Pharma Biotechnology from USA?
  4. How may I pursue PhD in Biotechnology form USA after completing M.Tech in India?
  5. Is it necessary to appear in GRE to study PhD in Bioinformatics in USA for a candidate who has Research experience?
  6. Should I have to appear in GRE to do PhD in Abroad being a M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  7. How may I do Phd(biotechnology) with full scholarship in USA? my score in GRE is 1160 and have completed M.Sc in Microbial biotechnology with 71% marks
  8. Difference between GRE subject and GRE General? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. List of the universities in USA offering Ph.D in Biotechnology with full scholarship? Am I eligible for it without GRE?
  10. In which university can I do Ph.D Biotechnology after scoring 1160 in GRE and 71% in MSc Microbial Biotechnology?
  11. Can I study PhD in USA with GRE scorecard after completing M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  12. Whether to take GRE or TOEFL for pursuing PhD in US?
  13. Do I have to give subjective GRE in order to pursue Ph.D Biotechnology abroad? How to apply?
  14. Subject test or general GRE test which is easier?
  15. List of exams to apply for doing M.Sc Bio-tech course in abroad?
  16. Is Phd preferable over M.Sc and then PhD? Colleges offering integrated PhD in Mumbai?
  17. Gap after post graduation is a problem for pursuing PhD from foreign?
  18. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
24th July 2023, 03:18 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: Why it is necessary to appear in Subject GRE? Is it preferable for PhD in Biotechnology?

The General GRE is a standardized test that is used to assess your verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills. The Subject GRE is a more specialized test that is used to assess your knowledge in specific subject areas, such as biology, chemistry, and physics.

Some universities require the Subject GRE for admission to PhD programs in biotechnology, while others do not. The MIT Biology Department does not require the Subject GRE, but other departments at MIT may require it.

Whether or not the Subject GRE will provide you with any value for PhD in Biotechnology depends on the specific program you are applying to. If the program you are applying to requires the Subject GRE, then it will be important for you to take the test and score well. However, if the program does not require the Subject GRE, then it is not essential that you take the test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?