The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination with an objective to identify meritorious students to admission to Post Graduate Courses in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy, in reputed institutes of the country. It is conducted by the GATE Committee in eight zones all over the country. The Committee comprises of faculty from seven Indian Institutes of Technology, and Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, on behalf of Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Details of the Exam:
The examination is of three hours duration and consists of a single paper. The paper is divided in two sections. The first section is objective type and caries 75 marks. The second section is problem type and also carries 75 marks. So the total is 150 marks.
The subject of the choice is to be opted and prepared according to the syllabus given the GATE brochure. There are many subjects including Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering., Electrical Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering and also subjects like Physics, Mathematics etc.
The students who qualify will get an all India rank and their percentile score will be indicated. Candidates scoring below 70 percentile will not get any score card.
GATE scores are valid for 2 years. One may reappear in the exam if one is not satisfied with the score and the new score, if it is better than the old one, will be used for admission purpose.
From 2010, GATE exam will be conducted online also.
Download GATE Papers:
- GATE Mining Engineering Papers
- GATE Civil Engineering Papers
- GATE Geology And Geophysics Papers
- GATE Chemistry Papers
- GATE Mechanical Engineering Papers
- GATE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) Papers
- GATE Agricultural Engineering Papers
- GATE Computer Science Papers
- GATE Engineering Sciences Papers
- GATE Life Sciences Papers
- GATE Electrical Engineering Papers
- GATE Instrumentation Engineering Papers
- GATE Physics Papers
- GATE Mathematics Papers
- GATE Aerospace Engineering Papers