Higher Studies Options after B.A in History
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in History is the most popular undergraduate course in history which gives a general awareness about the culture, economy, art and social structure prevailed in the ancient period. Those who are interested to widen their knowledge in the history of a particular area can pursue their higher studies after this undergraduate degree. Wide range of higher studies options is available for the history graduates. Candidates can select any one of them according to their interest and eligibility criteria.
Qualification Criteria for Higher Studies after B.A in History
Candidates can apply for any Master of Arts course right after completing Bachelor of Arts degree in History. They can also pursue other Post Graduate degree or Diploma program, if interested. Those who want to pursue doctoral programs like Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Philosophy should complete their post graduation in the concerned field. There may be entrance test for getting admission to any of these postgraduate or doctoral level courses. Also, the candidate should obtain the specified marks in the concerned qualifying examination.
Higher study options after B.A in History
- Master of Arts in Ancient Indian History and Archaeology
- Master of Arts in History and Culture
- Master of Arts in History of Indian Art and Culture
- Master of Arts in History and Archaeology
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in History of Art
- Master of Arts in Ancient History
- Master of Arts in Islamic History and Culture
- Master of Arts in History of Fine Arts
- Master of Visual History of Art
- Master of Philosophy in Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology
- Master of Philosophy in History
- Master of Philosophy in History and Archaeology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Ancient History
- Doctor of Philosophy in History (Medieval and Modern)
- Doctor of Philosophy in History of Arts
- Doctor of Philosophy in History and Archaeology
- Doctor of Philosophy in History
- Doctor of Philosophy in Ancient Indian History, Culture and Architecture
- Post Graduate Diploma in Museology and History of Indian Arts
Subjects covered under Higher Studies after B.A in History
Subjects covered under higher studies after Bachelor of Arts in History will depend upon the course selected by the candidate. They can select various specialization subjects in history or subjects related to history and can study about the ancient and medieval history. Those who select any subject related to history can study about the importance of history in the particular area.
Career opportunities after Higher studies in B.A in History
Lucrative career opportunities are available in the research field for the candidates who have completed their higher studies after B.A in History. Those who are specialized in archaeology after the graduation can pursue their career as archeologists. Job opportunities are available for them in historical museums and parks. They can find several other opportunities in public and private sector.
- What to do after B.A. in History?
- Scope after BA History
- Government Colleges for Bachelor of Arts (hons.) in History
- Difference between Anthropology and History
- Difference between Social Studies and History
- List of Postgraduate Courses in History
- Annamalai University M.A in Translation Studies-1st Year History of Translation Papers
- Higher Studies options after BDS
- Higher Studies options after B.Sc Biology
- Higher Studies options after B.A in Home Science
- Higher Studies options after B.Sc Actuarial Science
- Is MCA the only option after BCA?
- Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary History Papers
- Details on BFA Course
- Higher studies after B.A. in Computer Science