JNU MCA Entrance Papers
MCA includes study and specialization in advance mathematical operations required in various field. Entrance paper of MCA is based on the syllabus of mathematics, computer languages, operators and statistics of the BCA and graduation level. The paper of JNU MCA Entrance exam includes questions based on the advanced studies and applications of Computer Programmes and languages.
Syllabus of JNU MCA Entrance Exam
Syllabus for General Aptitude
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- History of India etc.
Syllabus for Mathematics:
- Real Analysis
- Elementary Numerical Analysis
- Statistics and Probability
- Differential Equations
- Theory of Equation
- Modern Algebra and Matrix Theory
- Calculus and Analytical Geometry
Syllabus for Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer
- C Language
- Elements of Data Structures
- Computer Organisation etc.
The candidates must be graduate from any of the recognised institutes with a minimum of 55% marks.
Which Pattern is followed?
Paper of MCA entrance exam contains 120 questions in it. These questions are of objective type and there are multiple options for all the questions. Each question has 4 choices from which only 1 option is correct. Each question is compulsory and every question carries same marks. The paper does not have any negative marking in it, so every question can be attempted.
Questions asked often:
Questions asked in the paper are from complex variables, real part in a function, quadratic equations, linked list, parabolic equations, shortest distance in a curve, operators, trigonometry, Arithmetic progression, DBMS, data structures, tree, AVL tree, complex no., probability, combination and permutation, logarithmic equations, hamming code error detection etc.
Tips for the paper:
Paper is designed in such a way that it covers the entire syllabus of Science graduates and BCA. Students willing to get admission in MCA should well revise the question pattern of previous year. It will help them to understand the standard of paper. Also, questions are 120 and time limitation is there. So, candidates must practice some mock test papers to sharpen their skills.
Marks allotted in the paper are 480 and students can score full marks in it if they can answer all the questions correctly.
Time allotted is 3 hours only.
Best Books to study:
- S. Chand’s Guide for M. C. A. Entrance Examination
- JNU MCA Entrance Examination Guide by Ramesh Publishing House
- PTU MCA 3rd Semester Question Papers
- RPET Papers
- PTU MCA 5th Semester Papers
- IGNOU MCA Papers
- IIT JEE Maths Papers
- IFS Geology (Paper II) Papers
- IGNOU MCA Semester III papers
- NET Maithili (Paper II) Papers
- IIT JEE Chemistry Papers
- Languages Exams CBSE 2010 Class X Sample Papers
- PTU MCA 2nd Semester Papers
- NET Hindi (Paper II) Papers
- NET Malayalam (Paper II) Papers
- NET Maithili (Paper III) Papers
- NET Population Studies (Paper II) Papers