List of Companies in Petroleum Sector
The speedy expansion of nation has been influenced by a number of many desirable aspects. One amongst them is the petroleum industry. There are many firms in our country that belong to the petroleum sector. Provided below is a list of a few of those firms.
Top Petroleum Companies in India
- Assam Company Limited – This firm was founded out in the year 1839. This firm is a part of the Duncan McNeill Group. They are involved in oil and gas exploration, tea plantation, road transportation and also in the field of production & supply.
- Bharat Oman Refineries Limited (BORL) – This firm is the mutual venture among the Oman Oil Company Limited and the Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited as to set up a refinery in Bina, Madhya Pradesh.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) – This is one of the biggest petroleum refineries in the country. They have their headquarters at Mumbai. Their activities consist of the refining & retailing of petroleum goods such as LPG, aviation fuel, petrochemicals etc.
- Bongaigaon Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited (BRPL) – This is a firm that manufacturers as well as refines petrochemicals. The firm is located in Assam.
- Cairn Energy PLC – This firm has its headquarters in Edinburgh, Scotland. In India, the firm has branches in the western and Eastern parts. The firm is engaged with the exploration & production of gas and oil.
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL) – This is a public sector firm that has two refineries in our country. With the combined efforts of these two refineries, almost 10.5 million tones of petrochemicals can be refined a year.
- Directorate General of Hydrocarbons – This is a private sector firm beneath the tutelage of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. The firm is located in New Delhi. The main aim of this firm is to develop the correct management of petroleum & natural gas resources of our country.
- Essar Group – This firm is concerned with the manufacture and refining of oil & gas, telecom & BPO, steel and shipping & construction. The company has its headquarters in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Essar Oil Limited (EOL) – This is an incorporated oil & gas firm. They have their headquarters in Mumbai.
- Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Group (GSPC) – This is a public sector firm that is engaged with the production & exploration of petrochemicals. They also are involved in the production of electricity, communications etc.
- Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Limited (HOEC) – This is a firm that is engaged with the exploration of oil & gas. The corporate office of this firm is located in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) – This is a firm that is wholly owned by the State. The activities of this firm includes the manufacture of LPG, lubricants, aviation fuels etc
- Indian Oil Corporation (Indian Oil) – This is a state owned firm that possesses around ten of 18 refineries of our country. In addition to this, they operate the nation’s biggest network of crude pipelines. The head office of this firm is located in New Delhi.
- Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited (MRPL) – This firm is located in Mangalore, Karnataka. They are a subsidiary of the illustrious ONGC. This oil refinery can process around 9.69 million metric tonnes of petrochemicals every year.
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) – This corporate office of this firm is located in Dehradun. They are acknowledged as the only fully incorporated petroleum firm in our country.
- Oil India Limited (OIL) – This firm stands 2nd amongst the other upstream petroleum companies in the nation. The firm is occupied with the exploration, manufacture and production of nature gas and crude oil, its transportation etc.
- ONGC Videsh – This firm is a subsidiary of the Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited. It is acknowledged as the 2nd largest E&P firm in our country. The head office of this company is located in New Delhi.
- Petroleum India International (PII) – This firm is a single window help provider that is set up to offer expert technical and managerial services on a worldwide basis. The firm has its corporate office in Mumbai.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) – This firm is the Fortune 500 flagship of the Reliance Group of companies. The activities of this group comprises of oil & gas exploration and manufacture, marketing and distillation of petrochemical. The firm has its corporate office in the city of Mumbai.
- Selan Exploration Technology Limited – This firm is engaged with oil exploration & production. It is acknowledged as one amongst the 1st private sector firms that received the rights to develop 3 oilfields in the state of Gujarat.
- Tata Petrodyne Limited (TPL) – This firm is a division of the Tata Group. They have their head office in Mumbai.
A few of the other well known firms in the petroleum sector includes Charottar Gas Sahkari Mandli; Essar oil Limited., India; Piyush Petroleum Company Limited; Gujarat Oleo Chemicals Limited; Jubilant Empro and Prize Petroleum Company Limited. Some of the other firms of repute include the Geo Global Resources; and Petro net LNG Limited, India
- Government Jobs in Petroleum sector
- Government Jobs in the field of Petroleum Engineering
- List of Government Companies in Petroleum Sector
- List of Government Companies in Energy Sector
- List of Government Companies in Oil and Gas Sector
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Engineering Diploma
- Jobs in Petroleum Sector
- Scope of Petroleum Engineering in Production
- List of Companies in Oil and Gas Sector
- Institute of Petroleum Management (IPMG) Entrance Exam Papers
- Fee structure of Petroleum Engineering
- Jobs after BCA
- Opportunities after M.Sc in Chemistry
- Career options and salary packages after B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- Top Oil & Gas Companies in India