Jobs in Petroleum Sector
Petroleum sector is one of the emerging sectors in this day to day life. This is one of the prominent energy sectors in India and also contributes up to 15% of the country’s GDP. It has also played a key role in the foreign exchange earning of the country. There are a lot of new developments coming up in this field and a stable growth is expected in this sector. So the demand of young bloods in this sector also goes on increasing. The eligible candidates have various job opportunities coming ahead both in the public as well as private firms. So the rush of youngsters to the petroleum sector shows a great hike in the recent times.
Public sector jobs
There are various government organizations offering jobs in the petroleum industry. Some of the public sector organizations offering jobs in petroleum sector include the following
- ONGC Videsh Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- I.B.P. Company Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Mangalore Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited
- Bongaigaon Refinery & Petrochemicals Limited
- Gail Indian Limited
- Oil India Limited
Private sector jobs
There are several private sector organizations emerging in the petroleum industry and is in huge demand for new comers in the field. Some of the private sector organizations offering jobs in petroleum industry include the following.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Niko Resources Limited
- Shell Oil
- Chevron Oil Limited
- BG Energy
Working areas in a petroleum sector
There are several working areas in petroleum industry. It depends on the qualification and skills a person may have. Some of them are as follows
- Reservoir Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Senior Geoscientist
- Drill Bits System Field Engineer
- Petroleum Technologist and Drilling Engineer
- Principal Reservoir Petro Physicist
- Technical Support Specialist
- Tender and Quotations Analyst
- Geosciences Pressure Expert
- Senior Petro Physicist
- Senior Exploration Geologist
- Process Engineer
Pay scale of Petroleum Sector jobs
The pay scale in a petroleum industry depends on the skills, work area as well as experience in the field. However a pay scale of Rs. 25000-Rs.30000 per month is offered for a top college graduate in petroleum industry. The top multinational companies offer around $100, 000 annually.
Pros and Cons of jobs in Petroleum Sector
Even though the petroleum sector is one of the promising sectors in this era there are several risks involved in the job nature.
For the purpose of searching new oil fields sometimes the workers have to stay in highly remote and distant places which are a major draw back. As talking about the positive side, the workers gets opportunities to travel to distant areas as well as the pay packages are also really attracting for a youngster.
- Government Jobs in Petroleum sector
- Government Jobs in the field of Petroleum Engineering
- Scope of Petroleum Engineering in Production
- Jobs after BCA
- Fee structure of Petroleum Engineering
- Career options and salary packages after B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- Petroleum Engineer, SNF India Pvt. Limited, Vizag
- Diploma in Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Engineering Diploma
- Petroleum Engineer - How to become Petroleum Engineer?
- List of Government Companies in Oil and Gas Sector
- Petroleum Engineer – How to become a Petroleum Engineer?
- List of Companies in Oil and Gas Sector
- Opportunities after M.Sc in Chemistry
- Institute of Petroleum Management (IPMG) Entrance Exam Papers
- List of Government Companies in Petroleum Sector