Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (RSS) Scholarship
The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan has instituted scholarships for eligible students as for the promotions and propagation of the Sanskrit language. The scholarship is awarded to students of 2 categories.
RSS Scholarship Categories
In the first category, the scholarships are given to students who are registered in the Vidyapeethas. The second category of scholarships is presented to the students under the given criteria.
- Research scholarships are presented to candidates who are enrolled in the Pathshalas.
- Students who do their doctoral courses, M.A and B.A in conventional subjects are presented with the Post Matriculation Scholarships.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship Relaxation
Minimum marks and percentage in each category in the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship varies. Students of the SC/ST categories are required to have 50% of marks. Students of the OBC community as well as women will be provided with percentage relaxation of 55%. Students who are physically incapable will be given a mark relaxation of 50%.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship Eligibility
The scholarship is offered to students from class 9 to students who are doing their doctorate. The details about the eligibility criteria are given below.
- Classes IX and X – Students who have secured a minimum of 60 percent or above marks out of a total hundred 100 marks are eligible for this scholarship. The students will be presented Rs. 250/- per month.
- Classes XI and XII – Students who have finished Uttar-Madhyama/ Prak Shastri courses with 60% or above are eligible to get this scholarship. Students will get a scholarship of Rs. 300 each month.
- Graduation (B.A) – Students who have finished 10+2 with a minimum mark of 60% or above in aggregate as well as Sanskrit are eligible to get this scholarship. The student will be offered Rs.400/- a month.
- Postgraduate Degree – Students who have cleared their graduation with atleast 60 percent in aggregate and in Sanskrit are eligible to get this scholarship. Students will receive a scholarship of Rs. 500/- per month.
- Ph.D. – Students who have a pass in M.A or Acharya in Sanskrit with a minimum of 60 percent marks or above in the aggregate will get this scholarship. Students will get a scholarship of Rs. 1500/- a month. (Students of Vidyavardhini or PhD also are entitled to receive a contingency grant of Rs. 2000/- annually for two years.
Examination pattern of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship
Separate subject committees are formed as to develop the syllabi of different topics from Prathama to Acharya. Subjects CBSE syllabus is adopted here. For the syllabus of the modern subjects, the syllabus of the Delhi University is followed.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship State Quotas
There is no separate quota for the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship. Everyone has equal probability and opportunity here. The details can be viewed via the formal website of the RSS.
RSS Application Form and Fee
When submitting an application for the exam, aspirants are supposed to affix the attested photocopies of certificates like mark list of the latest qualifying exam and caste and category. After attaching these documents they should send it to the Registrar, RSS within one month of the announcement of this advertisement. The application can be downloaded by the candidate from the formal website of the Sansthan.
Contacts Address for more information
- Address: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, 56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi
- Fax: + 091 – 011 – 28521948
- Email: [email protected]
- Related Link: www.sanskrit.nic.in
For RSS Examination Inquiry: Phone: + 091- 011-28524993/28524995, + 091- 022-28520976, 28520977
- Assistant Professor, Manuscript Pandit, Rashtriya Sanskrit Santhan
- List of Courses in Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi
- List of Sanskrit Entrance Exams
- List of Universities in Delhi
- Professor, Assistant Professor, Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha
- List of Courses in Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi
- Jagat Taran Girls’ Degree College, Allahabad
- Scholarship Details in BJB Junior College
- List of Courses in Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University, Darbhanga
- Professor, Lecturer, Ch. Brahm Prakash Ayurvedic Charak Sansthan
- List of Sanskrit Entrance Exams
- Maa Durga Shikshan Sansthan Women Teachers Training College, Jaisalmer
- M.A in Sanskrit, Sanskrit M.A
- CUHK Faculty of Law Master Scholarship 2009
- Scholarships offered in ACEM