Yantrik, Indian Coast Guard
Indian Coast Guard was established in the year 1978 as an armed force of the Union by the Coast Guard Act, 1978. The force comes under the administrative control of Department of Defence of the Union Ministry of Defence. There are approximatley 5440 personnel working on Active duty. Vice Admiral M.P. Muralidharan is the Director General of the Indian Coast Guard. The force works in the close cooperation with the Indian Navy, Deparment of Fisheries, Department of Revenue. The force works on its mission to protect the maritime interests and maritime law enforcement of India.
Applications are invited from eligible Male candidates for filling up the following vacant positions of Yantrik in Indian Coast Guard. Only candidates with Indian Nationality are eligible to apply for the specified posts in Indian Coast Guard. Candidates will be recruited in the armed force of the union i.e. Indian Coast Guard for 02/2012 batch.
Candidates must strictly follow the age criteria set for the posts of Yantrik in Indian Coast Guard or else they will not be considered eligible for applying for the specified post. Candidates are required to have been born between 1 August 1990 to 31 July 1994. Scheculed Caste or Scheduled Tribes candidates will get relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit set for the post. Other Backward Classes candidates will also get relaxation of 3 years in the maximum age limit.
Minimum Height required for the post is 157 cms (Relaxation of 5 cms for Hill areas residents).
Chest should be well proportioned with minimum expansion of 5 cms.
Weight should also be proportionate to height and age of the candidates.
Candidates are required to possess the minimum educational qualification set for the post of Yantrik in Indian Coast Guard is Matriculation from a recognized board. Candidates should also have additional educational qualification i.e. Three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institute or university by AICTE. Candidates should have secured minimum 55% marks in aggregate at the Diploma level.
No. of posts: Several posts are available.
Pay Scale: Selected candidates will be given the prescribed amount of salary i.e. Rs. 5200-20200 with a Grade Pay of Rs. 2400.
Selection of eligible candidates will be made on the basis of the merit list prepared as per the performance of candidates in the following stages of the Selection Process:
i. Written Test
ii. Physical Fitness Test, and
iii. Personal Interview Test.
How to apply: Candidates are required to apply online at the website of Indian Coast Gaurd. After applying online, candidates should take a printout of the completely filled application form. The hard copy of the completed application form should be brought alongwith the original and photocpies of other required documents at the time of Written Test/Interview. Candidates should appear for the test as per the zone for which they have applied.
Indian Coast Guard,
Coast Guard Headquarters,
National Stadium Complex, New Delhi - 110001.
Last date for online application: 15 March 2012
For more information visit http://www.indiancoastguard.nic.in
- Details of Yantrik Recruitment in Indian Coast Guard 2013
- Yantrik, Navik, Indian Coast Gaurd
- Coast Guard Engineering Officer - How to become a Coast Guard Engineering Officer?
- Navik (General Duty/Domestic Branch), Indian Coast Guard
- Coast Guard Naviks Examination 2011
- ICE Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Indian Coast Guard
- Assistant Commandant, Indian Coast Guard
- Navik (Domestic Branch), Naviks (General Duty), Indian Coast Guard
- Navik (General Duty) - Indian Coast Guard
- Pay scale for Fitter in Government Jobs
- Selection process for Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard
- Assistant Commandant General Duty, Assistant Commandant Technical Branch, Indian Coast Guard
- Assistant Commandant Recruitment, Indian Coast Gaurd
- Coast Guard Assistant Commandant (General Duty) 2012
- Salaries after B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering