31st March 2012, 10:51 PM
poole

Default Re: Can commerce students join merchant navy?

Ye syou can join Merchant Navy after your degree in computer science,To join Merchant Navy you need to give the entrance exam of various colleges which offers this degree,There after completing your degree you will be placed in some Shipping company,Initially you will be given training for 1 year after that you will get a Tag(post) on your back and you will be permanant.To give the exam for Merchant Navy you should have Physics ,chemistry and Mathamatics in you 11th and 12th class with minimum 55%.TS Chanakya University -Mumbai is the best college for Doing Merchant Navy,they will provide you good placement also.!!!!

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join Merchant Navy after passing commerce with 75% in 12th boards? What is the scope for commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  2. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  3. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring 75% in 12th? Is there any scope for commerce students in Navy?
  4. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  5. Can a Commerce stream student join Merchant Navy? How can I join Merchant Navy?
  6. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  7. Do the students with 12th commerce have any chance of getting recruited in Merchant Navy? Options regarding the recruitment in Merchant Navy?
  8. How can I join merchant navy if my stream is commerce?
  9. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam
  10. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completing class 12th with Commerce stream? How can I join the Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  11. How can I join merchant navy after passing 12th commerce?
  12. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  13. Can i join merchant navy after passing 12th commerce
  14. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What sort of jobs are there for Commerce students in Merchant Navy?
  16. What should I do to join Merchant Navy after +2?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th in commerce?
  18. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
25th May 2012, 01:48 PM
VIVEK2525

Can commerce students join merchant navy?

hi friend

According to my knowledge, you cannot join merchant navy because there is no way out to join this course without having PCM subjects in your 12th.

But according to your qualification, you are not eligible to join merchant navy. Because your background is commerce.

And to join merchant navy, PCM subject is compulsory. So, dont worry, just do any other courses, which was related to your field.

thanks
26th May 2012, 12:05 AM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish Solanki View Post
Hi My name Manish and I am 19 years old and want to join merchant navy
but the problem is i have done hsc through commerce stream...
so will i be able to join merchant navy.....
if possible send the copy of ur answer on my E-mail
[email protected]
Merchant Navy :

No, commerce students are not eligible to applying the Merchant Navy course and see bellow required eligibility for admission in merchant navy program.

For admission in B.E/B.Tech/M.E/B.Sc programs required educational qualifications are you must completed the 12th class with with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as a compulsory subjects.

~~~Regards
MALLESH
13th July 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Hi My name sachin kumar verma and I am 21 years old and want to join merchant navy
but the problem is i have done intermediate and b.com through commerce stream...
so will i be able to join merchant navy.....
if possible send the copy of ur answer on my E-mail
[email protected]
7th October 2012, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I have to join merchant navi,I am having commerce stream will I be eligble for this job
8th October 2012, 06:52 AM
shiv puri

Hello friend,

Yes you can join merchant Navy.There is two department in Navy
1.Technical department
2.Non technical department.

I technical department only engineering students can apply.But in Non technical department can anyone trade person apply.You can apply for the sailor or some sports department or many others non technical department you can join there.

I hope this helpful to you....

Thanking you...
24th January 2013, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

hey i am gunjan en em doing my 12th with commerce so vl uh pls tell me how join merchant navy??
revert asap pls
22nd May 2013, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

cn i join merchant navy if i had done even 10th with commerce stream(84%) without maths
n got 70% in 12th......
if yes than do reply on 7351299507..... asap
14th August 2013, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi i am Shashank jaiswal can i join the marchant navybut my stream is commerce
If it is possible than pls contact me 09708542426
and email is [email protected]
23rd November 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a contact no of email I'd through which I can get further informations as I am from
Commerce background ad have lots of confusing queries
11th October 2014, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

sir i am from comm erce stream i got 86% 1n 12th and i am also gold meadlist silver meadlist and also from scouting and i want to apply for navy plz tell me about it in brief...... thanks
27th May 2016, 09:23 PM
sah.alok932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can commerce student joint merchant navy
It is not possible for commerce student to join merchant navy.After passing,secondary examination it is necessary to study intermediate with pure science stream/branch.

After secondary examination,generally student have three streams to choose,any one can be choosen for further studies among-
1)Science
2)Commerce
3)Arts

In science there are two streams to study,one with mathematics and other with biology.Mathematics is called pure science stream/branch and biology is called medical stream/branch.In order to join merchant navy,it is necessary to choose mathematics stream,that is pure science stream branch.

All the courses that requires to be studied to join merchant navy demands to have mathematics in intermediate.In short,it is not possible to study merchant navy without studying mathematics in intermediate.Even medical science stream/branch is not applicable for studying merchant navy,only mathematics branch will do.

As you have studied commerce in intermediate,you can not study any courses related to merchant navy and can not join merchant navy thereafter.
3rd August 2016, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

How I can join merchant navy after completing my 12 by commerce stream plz reply the detail how to join my email [email protected]
Thank u
7th August 2016, 10:10 AM
nayand1234

Yes you can join the Merchant Navy but your job will not be like the ones you think it would be.
You being a commerce student can join the Merchant Navy only as a Pursuer i.e one who deals with the finance and accounting of the ship he/she is deployed to.
You will not be eligible for the 2 mainstream job recruitment departments of the Merchant Navy i.e engineering and the navigation department.
Thus the job opportunities for you are very less and as such you will have to have great grades in order to find a permanent job.
22nd May 2018, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello I'm himanshi and I'm 19 years old I'm a 12th pass out student as a commerce student. So will I able to join navy?
13th October 2019, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

I want to become merchant navy after commerce Graduate and i can get officer rank or captain rank in merchant navy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?