5th May 2010, 01:05 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have just passed my 10th bords nd wnt to take science but dont want to become a doctor so help me out what i should become and some more options with good explanation and career supports.

thank u
Science is not meant only for becoming Doctor, there are immence scope in science which is limitless.

What do you want to become depends upon your Interest as well as on your Subject combination.So, find your area of interest then subject combination.

If you want to become an Engineer, then first you have to select PCM as your main, means Pure science stream.Study hard prepare well.For getting seat into Institutions in India you have to crack Entrance exams like- IITJEE,AIEEE,VITEEE,KIITEE,WBJEE,MH-CET etc. all these entrance exams are meant for getting admission into Good government and private Engineering institutes of India.

Once you become Engineer then what soon your career will take off you to success.

Generally students who want to become doctor select PCB or impure science as there subject of combination.But if you dont want to become doctor then no problem,Other then Doctor you can switch to following courses.

B.tech (Biotechnology)
B.tech (Nanotechnology)
B.tech (Microbiology)
B.tech (GEnetic engineering)
B.tech (Biomedical engineering)

Impure science students have only these Engineering branches available to choose from.

Other then these also there are various options like- Normally you can persue B.sc/M.sc in any subject of your choice, after that you can teach in primary schools.Or opt for P.hd after persuing B.sc and M.sc and become a
Scientist etc.

Lots of oppurtunities are available for cience students, just decide what do you want to become and then act over it.

Best fo Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~

Related Questions:
  1. Career options in the field of law? I want to change stream from science to law after 12th
  2. List of career options available for a 12th passed candidate? I'm a commerce student with computer science
  3. What career options are available for me after passing class 12th? I am a student studying in class 12th
  4. Career opportunities available for 12th commerce(without maths) students? I'm interested to become CA or join law
  5. What are the career options available for girls in aviation field? What should I do for the same? Currently I am in 12th(Science) and preparing for board and MHT-CET
  6. What are the good career options available for me after 12th commerce?
  7. Career options in Multimedia field after 12th standard with commerce?
  8. What are the career options in B.A Hons field in Economics and History? I am a science Maths student and interested to join Delhi University
  9. Which career line is most suitable for a class 12th commerce with Maths student?
  10. Career options in creative field like event or photography or tourism? I am a commerce student
  11. Career options for 12th Commerce student?
  12. I am a 12th commerce student without Maths subject : What are the career options after commerce?
  13. Career options after 12th standard with commerce for a student with poor financial condition?
  14. Can I change my field from commerce to arts after B.Com? -- [New]
  15. Which career options are available for me after 12th commerce with Commerce?
  16. How to choose my career in IT field after passing 11th commerce
  17. What can I take in 11th before completing 10th?
  18. Which is the best course after passing 10th?
8th May 2010, 06:24 PM
sukrati goel

Default Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

i have given 12th class boards with pcm group and entrance exams for btech recently but they were not good and neither i want to drop nor want to take admission in private collegeso wat should i do.please pleeeeeeeeeeeease help me.its urgent.i am very depressed
9th May 2010, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

i am 2 science student . i am taken science with biology. can i go for bca? please help me
11th May 2010, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY 12 SCIENCE WITH 51 PERCENTAGE.I M TOTALLY CONFUSED TO CHOOSE FURTHER FIELDS SO PLEASE GUIDE ME
12th May 2010, 12:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i am 2 science student . i am taken science with biology. can i go for bca? please help me

Yes of course, you are eligible for persuing BCA this time, but in future you wont be Able to persue MCA, becasue fpr MCA having MATHS as one of the main subject in +2 is mandatory. However, in that case you may opt for M.sc (IT)/ MBA (IT) for much better career prospect.

Quote:
I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY 12 SCIENCE WITH 51 PERCENTAGE.I M TOTALLY CONFUSED TO CHOOSE FURTHER FIELDS SO PLEASE GUIDE ME
This one of the main problem with Many +2 aspirants, what to study, which carrer is to opt etc.

There is Plethora of oppurtunites for you after complete your class 12, ranging from Engineering to Beaurocracy, from MAnagement to Enterpreneurship, from Medical to Pilot, from IPS to Defence and many more.

The only required think is to find your intrest, that in which field you are intrested, or what type of career do you expect, after finding that Just act upon it immediately. And at that time if you face any problem we are here to help you.

Remember "No one can judge anyone Better then Himself/Herself"

Life is your's you have to take dicision what do you want from life a a prosperous career, we can only help you to clear your doubts or giveing some advice or can explain about carer factor in a particular field, rest of all is upon you.

You can read some Articles about the Prospect in particular field checkout HERE.

Best of Luck

Regards
~Faiyaz~
12th May 2010, 01:43 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

As you a student of science, a lot of field is waiting for you just like BCA,BBA,B.Com,B.Tech & a lot of..
you can easily choose all above the field as you want.
As you a student of science so every one will suggest you to do B.tech, but it is not necessary, The field you can choose is fully depend upon your decision, means a wide scope is waiting for, now its your turn..
12th May 2010, 03:38 PM
sonal goel

Dear,
You can choose commerce from my opinion as your percentage is low then you can go for either BCA or BBA or Btech if you have given entrance exam and after that you can go for MBA.
Be confident and then think upon your interest where you have to work.
12th May 2010, 04:45 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
lots of scope is there in Science
if you are a student withs then go for ENGINEERING
if you are a student of biology then go for medical
you can change your field to commerce
12th May 2010, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

I have just given 12th sci. exams...i desired 2 get addmission in Aeronautical Engineering.......so how i can ???? any brief detail abt it??? bdw note dat i hav given ISAT exam 4 it......bt 4 addmission best collages & scopes will be....??? plzzz guide me.....
13th May 2010, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..............
plzzzzzzzzz help me....
i hv taken biology stream.....& not maths is there any options other than medical or
b.sc
plzzzzzzzzzz reply me soon if anyone read this plzzzzzzzzz give me some suggestion......
any suggesion......plzzzzzzzz
14th May 2010, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

i am 12th sci pcm student. my exams were average.can u suggest some good engineering colleges
16th May 2010, 11:33 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..............
plzzzzzzzzz help me....
i hv taken biology stream.....& not maths is there any options other than medical or
b.sc
plzzzzzzzzzz reply me soon if anyone read this plzzzzzzzzz give me some suggestion......
any suggesion......plzzzzzzzz

First of all be relaxed there is nothing to worry about it.

There are lots of oppurtunities for non-maths students.

Apart from B.sc you can enroll for followings :-

B.Tech (NAnotechnology)

B.Tech (Biomedical Engineering)

B.Tech ( Genetical Engineering)

B.Tech (Biotechnology)

B.Tech (Bioinformatics)

BCA followed by MBA, for greated career prospect.

There is immense oppurtunities in these field.For persuing that courses procedure is as same as for Engineering.

Yoiu have to crack entrance exams like- VITEEE, KIITEE, etc.

IF you would like to enter into non-science field then you can also do so.

Best of luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 16th May 2010 at 11:34 AM. Reason: some text was missing
16th May 2010, 01:04 PM
shawna.guha

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsetmerchant View Post
I am doing 2nd year puc in science with computers. I want to know if I can still change my line and go in the commerce field. Is it possible to do so.
Also can you tell me what options I have in science or any other field after my 12th std for I am very very confused and am not sure I want to do engineering. Please help!!
Science is a subject from where you can switch to any field you like to.It seems you are interested in commerce then I would suggest that CA is a very good option and has very bright prospects.Alongwith that you can also be a tax consultant which will help you do something absolutely on your own,quite like practising independently.You can also do a simple graduate and go for MBA.So you see there are loads of options.Alongwith that,if you are interested in English,then again there a a whole lot of options like mass communication,advertising,journalism,etc.Now,the ball is in your court...All the best!!!!!
16th May 2010, 01:49 PM
Harshita21

hi
career options for Science student having maths:
B.Tech
Bsc.
BCA
NDA(only for B.tech students)
Pharmacy
Pilot training
career options for Science student having bio:
MBBS
BSc(nursing)
B.Pharma
Bsc.(agriculture)
cardiologist
BDS.

career option for commerce:
CA
MBA
B.com

career option for any field:
BIM
LLB.
BTM
Hotel Management
NDA(for any graduate)
hospitality
16th May 2010, 03:13 PM
phuchi

hi friend,
lots of carrer option after 12th
if yiu are interested in commerce then go for it
comlete your gradution and do higher studies like
CA
M.Com
BHM
MBA
all the best
17th May 2010, 07:58 AM
Harshita21

yes there are many career opportunities for Medical students:

B.A.M.S
BDS
B.Tech(biotechnology)
Bsc(nursing)
Bsc.(physiotherapist)
psycologist
Bsc(agriculture)
Bsc(horticulture)
B.Pharma
Bsc(Medical Lab technology)
All the best
17th May 2010, 09:07 AM
shawna.guha

Quote:
i am 12th sci pcm student. my exams were average.can u suggest some good engineering colleges
Firstly I need to know what entrance exams you have appeared.Based on that I can help you out with engineering colleges.Still,I would like to say that after the premier institutes and other good government engg colleges there are some good private engg colleges also.And I would also like to know your aptitude,meaning,in which stream you want to pursue engineering.Take Care.
17th May 2010, 10:52 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes definately, you can change your stream after 12th, and go
for commerce and you can do vaious courses in commerce like
MBA, CA, ICAW, CS etc....

but there are lots of scope on science stream too, after
completing 12th with science you can do courses like
MBBS, B.tech, BCA, AIEEE and IIT etc....

so, please choose according to your interest.

ok
all the best.
17th May 2010, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

i completed my 12th with 80% what i should do in future
17th May 2010, 02:04 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

hi friend,
there is alot of carrier option for the science students which having mathematics or biology along with the other subjects....
for the math students...
you can go for the engineering,bca,nda
and for the biology...you can go for the medical.
ok
all the best
17th May 2010, 04:34 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

If you want to leave science side for entering into commerce, you have a lot of options like BBA BMS BBI BHM elc

Let me tell you one more thing

Nowadays, if you join BBA, you get option to do it with dual specialization in finance, business management etc just like you have the option in MBA

Its a cool thing to do in my opinion

So best of luck dear
21st May 2010, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

i m a sciece student.bt got my results of boards.its nt upto the mark...should i proceed for engineering?
21st May 2010, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I have given my 10th board exams this year and acoording to me i think i will get 85 % ...my parents are suggesting me to take PCM as my subject...but i think i am not very good at science bcause in class 10th i always got more than 70 but never more than 75...i think this is not good for a science student...therefore plzz help me 2 choose my stream which would be gud for my future.....hope u will help me...
21st May 2010, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

i am a plus two student with phy chem maths & bio as my subjects . pls give an information about the fields i can go for .i am not so intrested in engg. . can i go for bca. is this course difficult for me as i take bio not computer as my optional sub.
pls help me.............
22nd May 2010, 01:28 AM
tvscity

hi friend,
there are lots of option for your carrier after 12th for science,like engineering,medical,ISI,graduation or you can simply join job ,but i will preffer yo to study further with engineering, or medical ,with engineering you will have lots of job for you like software campanies,railway,bank,other industry etc, so go through tecnical line you will have succes
best of luck
22nd May 2010, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

I have given Xii science exam.I want to know what options i have as i have taken pcm with geog and IT.
23rd May 2010, 08:22 AM
Harshita21

with IT:

B.Tech
MBA(IT)
BCA

another op[tions are

B.Pharma
BSc.
NDA
CA
25th May 2010, 03:22 PM

i am sybsccom sci. student i want do something good in computer field but i dont want jobs in it industries i want do something different from it jobs please tell me some fields after tybsc comp sci.
25th May 2010, 03:26 PM

i am sybsc comp sci student i want to do jobs in other than it industry & me also want to do career in other technical field please help me for after ty comp sci
26th May 2010, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

wat can a microbiology student do after cmpltng studies???n hw much biotechnology hs scope??its gud in bangalore bt mumbai???
28th May 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 54 percent in 12 the best career option for me.can i go for engineering or medical now as i have given both the entrances
29th May 2010, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY AGE LIMIT IN JOURNALISM
30th May 2010, 05:07 AM
Unregistered

Hi! This is rajan .
I get 49 percentage in 12'th what i choose ? Plz guid me
30th May 2010, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I'am a science student, got 79% in 10th an 70% in 12th, i've acquired only 37 marks in AIEEE and dont think i would be able to get an admission in engineering, what are the options left for me in science stream? Please suggest some options in relation to computers that would have good scope even after my completion of studies, also suggest some good engineering colleges in mumbai. -vighnesh P.
30th May 2010, 05:00 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i have scored 54 percent in 12 the best career option for me.can i go for engineering or medical now as i have given both the entrances

Yes you can enroll for MEdical and Engineering both.

AIEEE: minimum eligibility criteria is that candidate must be +2 passed.

WBJEE: minimum 50% in PCM.

IITJEE: not eligible because minmum 60% is required.
30th May 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

my cet rank is 57632 i want yo do engineering is it possible im confused plz somebody help me , i want to do engineering
31st May 2010, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

i have scored 87.8% in my 12th with physics, chemistry, maths and informatics as my subjects. i wanted to know whether it is possible for me to do biomedical engineering without taking biology in 12th?? i will be grateful for your quick reply.
31st May 2010, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i m a pcm student of class 12th..i..scored 72%..in my boards..can i switch over to medical stream..as..now i m having no interest in mathematics.??
1st June 2010, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

i am a 12sc. student i want 2 crack iit bt its very difficult 4 me and i dont want 2 do engeeniring 4m any other college except iit. so if i fail 2 crack iit then wat r the other options 4 me except medicals b'coz i m not a bio student... plz rply
2nd June 2010, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

can i change the group from science to bio in 12 standard?
4th June 2010, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i am a 12sc. student and my sub. is bio, phy, and chem, wid bio. technology.
my parents want me to become doctor, and i thought that i will be unable to crack pmt,
and they told me to take a drop and i dont want to take a drop.
plz suggest me what do do now
7th June 2010, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

I HAV SCORED 85% IN SCIENCE IN CBSE I WANT TO GO WITH BSC. HONS INTRESTEDIN PHYSICS AND BIO WAT WOULD D BEST
SUBJECT 2 HONERS WITH N HAVING WID SCOPE NW AND IN FUTURE
8th June 2010, 11:21 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
I HAV SCORED 85% IN SCIENCE IN CBSE I WANT TO GO WITH BSC. HONS INTRESTEDIN PHYSICS AND BIO WAT WOULD D BEST
SUBJECT 2 HONERS WITH N HAVING WID SCOPE NW AND IN FUTURE

BOth are good and both have very wide range of appliocations.

Physics Governs and implement the Laws of Nature, where as Biology Governs and balance the Ecological aspects of whole Nature.

Career after Both are good, if your are going through Physics then you should have very Good command over Mathematics, dont forget that Maths is the language of Physics. Niether Newton was Physicist nor Stephen Hawking at present is a Physicist. Both are MAthematicians thats why they are Physicist.

Where as if we talk about Biology then one can never handle Biology alone it such a vast subject that even Human body has been split into many branches of Biology. And at present branches like- Neurology, Physiocology, Oncology etc. are the best options for making career.

Even you can enter one of the best option that is Biotechnology and Nanotechnology.

So, the thig I want to say is that, first of all find you interest and then check if you are able to handle that subject better then act upon it.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
8th June 2010, 12:31 PM
anu132

Smile Re: Career options after 12th for a science student? Also, can I change my field to comme

Quote:
Originally Posted by darsetmerchant View Post
I am doing 2nd year puc in science with computers. I want to know if I can still change my line and go in the commerce field. Is it possible to do so.
Also can you tell me what options I have in science or any other field after my 12th std for I am very very confused and am not sure I want to do engineering. Please help!!
Hi friend...
Yes its possible to change your stream...But you should proud to be a science student...Because science is the stream which will allow to choose
any field you are interested..But if you are interested in commerce then you can change your stream and then you can go for CA,MBA..or else you can go for MBA,Bsc,MCA,B-tech if you will go with your science stream...
or just do a simple degree and then you can opt for civil services...we are suggesting you but you have to take the decision..Think twice before changing the stream...
GOOD LUCK...
8th June 2010, 06:26 PM
Ankit kumar dhanker

A lots of fields are after 10+2 but my friend if you are in graduation then why are you not focus on your study you can change your line after graduation
15th June 2010, 05:42 PM
pinnache

Since there are technical courses,they need a 4 year degree to join pg.
For bsc candidates,they need msc to take in nit or iit.
You can’t take mtech through bsc.
15th June 2010, 10:32 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

Regarding b.tech, colleges take through entrance engg. score.
you have to score through it .
other options are open in psu’s etc.
Quota is there under sc,st,obc, nothing else.
16th June 2010, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

m taking b.sc bt my subjct r quite differnt frm science so m little confuse.............
wat to do ??????????????
my subjcts r economics,psicolgy nd statatics
18th June 2010, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

i m a XII pass student from science stream... should i opt for B-TECH in private colleges...... are they good in terms of placements.. OR should i opt for commerce???... plzz suggest me...
20th June 2010, 09:38 PM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my views if some one have interes in engg field then they should go engg.if some one have interest in medical then he/she should go in medical field...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?