B. Tech Computer Science Lateral Entry Admissions in Mumbai University


The basic qualification required to undergo lateral entry program in Mumbai University is diploma in Computer Science. Only those Engineering Colleges affiliated to Mumbai University do carry out the lateral entry program. Therefore admission process is in line with the norms and conditions of Mumbai University. In this mode of study students can join with the 2nd year of the B. Tech program.

Eligibility for B. Tech Computer Science through Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

The necessary qualifications to undergo B. Tech Computer Science lateral entry program are

  • Diploma in the Computer Science or any equivalent subject. The diploma program must be of 3 year duration if done after matriculation. The diploma program that is pursued after XII class must be of 2 years duration
  • The diploma program should be obtained from any of the Polytechnic Colleges affiliated to State Board of Technical Education. Diploma from polytechnic Colleges recognized by UGC or AICTE is also permissible.
  • The aspirant must posses a minimum of 60% marks in Computer diploma. SC/ST candidates require only 55% marks.
  • Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
  • Age must be less than 28 years.
  • Result awaiting final year diploma students is also eligible to apply.
  • Good conduct and Character is essential

Reservation for B. Tech Computer Science Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

  • The Colleges offers lateral entry under Mumbai University offers certain percentage of reservation to deserved candidates.
  • Among the total seats available for B. Tech in Computer Science, 1/6 th of the seats is reserved for lateral entry students.
  • Among the total seats reserved for lateral entry program 85% is reserved for meritorious students. The rest of 15 % is reserved for the management quota.
  • Other reservation categories are offered with 40% of the total seats.

Applying for B. Tech Computer Science through Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

Candidates are required to visit the concerned section of the University to collect the application form. To select the candidates for the lateral entry scheme an admission test will be conducted. The candidates will be allotted 2 hours for the exam. Physics, Chemistry and Maths will be the areas the candidate will be tested upon. The candidate can refer to the 11th and 12th syllabus for preparation purpose.

Advantages for Lateral Entry Students in B. Tech Computer Science

With the lateral entry scheme the candidates have the chance to save a year. They can join the second year directly. The syllabus well structured. So the candidates will have adequate knowledge on the fundamentals in the area of computer science. Another advantage is the cost effectiveness. It will cost these candidates lesser than the other students. Since they have already pursued diploma course they will find the sessions easier than their counterparts.



Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section

2 Responses to “B. Tech Computer Science Lateral Entry Admissions in Mumbai University”

  1. 2
    Neha kumari:

    How much cost per yrs for diploma candidate?

  2. 1

    How can i get all the information about u and the way to register before I start my study with ur school.
    Thank u.