BA in Home Science vs. B.Sc in Home Science - Which course is better?
Home science as a discipline is a combination of arts as well as science. Many students are now interested towards this subject due to the career opportunities prevailing in this sector. The candidates can choose home science as an optional subject right from the twelfth class itself. Many universities and colleges provide BA and B.Sc courses in home science. In the earlier times the home science was considered as an area only meant for female candidates. But the whole scenario has changed now. Now both male and female candidates have started taking interest in home science and it has now started getting accepted as a subject of academic importance.
BA in Home Science
The candidates who wish to pursue a career in home science can opt for BA in home science. The course duration is for three years. The candidates who are successful in completing the three year course are awarded Bachelors Degree in Home Science. The topics covered in the three years include
- Resource Management and Interior Decoration
- Introduction to Human Development
- Laboratory Practice
- Fundamentals of Foods and Nutrition
- Nutrition in Health & Disease
- Introduction to Community
- Nutrition and Extension
- Laboratory Practice
- Life Span Development
- Introduction to Textiles
- Introduction to Clothing
- Family Dynamics and Parent Education
- Textile care and Clothing
The colleges following semester scheme conducts examination at the end of six months. Some institutes conduct examination at the end of every year. There will also be practical exams.
B.Sc in Home Science
Bachelor of Science degree in home science is an undergraduate program which is of three year duration conducted as six semesters. The candidates after their graduation can opt for higher studies in M.Sc home science. During the course of studies the candidate can choose their own specialization. Topics of study include:
- Family relations
- Home management
- Child development
- Rural Community Extension etc
The students after their twelfth class can opt for Home science for their further studies. They can take up a job in various heath departments, as nutritionist, dietician etc.
Which course is better?
Both BA and B.Sc courses in home science are undergraduate courses and to draw distinction between these two courses and to choose the better one is really a difficult task. The candidates can choose BA or B.Sc courses according to their interest and area they are planning to specialize. These courses offer numerous job opportunities also. BA and B.Sc courses have their own advantages and merits. So the candidates can better choose the subject by going through the syllabus and specializations available for these subjects.
- B.sc in Home science
- NET Home Science (Paper II) Papers
- NET Home Science (Paper III) Papers
- What to do after B.Sc in Home Science?
- Difference between M.Sc in Food Science and M.Sc in Home Science
- Difference between B.Sc Home Science and B.A Home Science
- List of Home Science Entrance Exams
- Higher Studies options after B.A in Home Science
- Scope after B Sc Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science Papers
- Government Jobs in the field of Home Science
- CBSE Class 12 Home Science Papers
- MA Home Science vs. M. Sc Home Science - Which course is better
- SNDT College Of Home Science, Pune
- List of Postgraduate Courses in Home Science