Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College Students India
A new scholarship has been initiated by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and the Department of Higher Education. This scholarship has been named as the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students”. The main aim of this scholarship is to provide students with financial assistance in their studies.
The scholarships are handed out to meritorious students from families with low income as to provide them with financial assistance. The awarding of scholarships shall be done in accordance with the outcome of Senior Secondary Examination. Approximately 82000 fresh scholarships will be handed out each year. Out of this, 41000 scholarships are for boys and 41000 scholarships are for girls. These scholarships will be given for graduate and postgraduate studies. Scholarships will also be given for pursing professional courses.
The scholarships shall be split between the State Boards on the basis of the State’s population of students in age groups of 18-25. This will be done after segregating the share of ICSE and CBSE on base of the total number of candidates passing out of the many boards in India. The scholarships shall be assigned amongst the pass outs of:
The allotment of scholarships shall be done in the ratio of 3:2:1.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion is:
- A minimum of 80% and above marks must be scored by the applicants in class 10+2.
- Students must belong to the non-creamy layer.
- Students must not be recipients of any other scholarships when they are applying for this scholarship.
The scholarship shall be renewed every year till the course is completed.
Students shall be given Rs.1000/- a month during their degree course. Once they begin their postgraduation, they will get Rs.2000/- a month. Individuals who are pursuing professional courses shall receive Rs.2000/- a month during their 4th and 5th years.
Application Form for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships
Applicants can visit the official website of the CBSE and apply online. They can then take the print out of the admission form and send it to the address mentioned below. Students must always make sure that the admission form is free from typo errors. Forms with mistakes might get rejected.
Contacts Address for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships
Address: The Deputy Secretary, Administration & Vigilance, Scholarship Division, Central Board of Secondary Education , 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 301
Those who are interested can also visit the official website of the CBSE - www.cbse.nic.in
- MVM Government College of Arts & Science, Dindigul
- The Indian Oil Academic Scholarship
- Scholarships in Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
- Narotam Sekhsaria Engineering Scholarship Programme
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology Scholarships India
- Hooghly Mohsin College, Chinsurah
- B.Tech Scholarships in Vidya Academy
- Heeralal Yadav Balika Degree College, Lucknow
- MHRD Guidelines for College and University Students Scholarship
- Scholarship/Awards for M.Sc Chemistry Students in IITB
- St. Mary’s College, Thoothukudi
- S.V.M. Arts, Science and Commerce College, Ilkal
- Scholarship Details in Mangalam College of Engineering
- Aligarh Muslim University Scholarship
- D.M. College of Science, Imphal