Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduation courses in Sociology in Delhi University
Delhi University offers course like M.A., M.Phil and Ph.D in Sociology. For admission to M.A the minimum qualification required is graduation. The candidates will also need to score well in the admission test. For admission to M.Phil and Ph.D course a minimum 55% marks in the masters course is a must.
Eligibility Criteria Requirements
M.A in Sociology
The minimum qualification required for applying to the post graduation course is graduation. It is not mandatory for candidates to choose sociology as a speciation during graduation. Candidates who satisfy any of the academic qualifications mentioned below can apply:
- B.A. in Sociology - Minimum 50% marks is a must. Also at least 6 papers should be in Sociology.
- B.A. in Social Science or Humanities – The requirement is a minimum of 55% in aggregate in the main subjects. Candidates who have specialised in Social Work, Economics, Philosophy, Anthropology, History, Psychology, Political Science, Geography, Education, Linguistics, and Journalism can apply.
- B.A. / B.Com – Minimum 55% in aggregate is a must. Also the candidate should have specialised in any two subjects like Geography, Philosophy, Economics, Political Science, Journalism, Psychology, History, Education, Social Work and Linguistics and secured a minimum of 55% in aggregate in the same. Candidates who have specialised in Sociology, Social or Cultural Anthropology should have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in these subjects.
- B.A. in Business Administration/Public Administration or B.Com (Hons.) examination- Candidates who have secured 55% and above in aggregate can apply. They should have specialised in Geography, Economics, Sociology and secured a minimum of 55% aggregate in the same.
- B.A. (Hons.) in English – Minimum 55% is a must.
- B.A. (Hons.) in any language other than English – Candidate should have secured minimum aggregate score of 58% in the main subject.
Other than these candidates having specialised in B.Sc. (Hons.), M.B.B.S., B.Tech., B.E., B.Sc. in Engineering can apply if they have secured at least 60% marks in the aggregate in the main subject.
Candidates who have completed Masters course in Sociology from any recognised institutes can apply for the course. A good academic record with first class or higher second class can apply. Normal cut off is 55% marks. Application will be accepted from applicants who have completed 17 years of formal education.
On completion of Masters course candidates can apply for the Ph. D programme. A minimum of 55% in the qualifying course is a must. It is a must to have good academic record. Candidates who have secured 60% marks in the M.Phil programme offered by the University are eligible for direct admission to the Ph.D programme. Those who have secured between 50-60% in the M.Phil programme can apply for admission to the Ph.D programme.
- BSc in Sociology, Sociology B.sc
- Delhi University - B.A. (H) Sociology - Third Year Papers
- Delhi University - B.A. (H) Sociology - Second Year Papers
- Delhi University - B.A. (H) Sociology - First Year Papers
- Application Forms for various Sociology Entrance exams
- PhD in Sociology, Sociology PhD
- NET Sociology (Paper II) Papers
- Nalanda Open University-BA in Sociology Introduction to Sociology Papers
- NET Sociology (Paper III) Papers
- Gujarat University, M. Phil, Sociology Papers
- Difference between Sociology and Psychology
- List of Sociology Entrance Exams
- M.A in Sociology Colleges in Kerala
- Government Jobs in the field of Sociology
- Kuvempu University B.A Sociology 1st Year Paper-I General Sociology Papers