Entry Schemes for Women to Indian Army
Women graduates with any area of specialisation can apply for suitable posts in the army. They are recruited under the Short Service Commission Scheme. The age requirement for the Graduate Non UPSC and Graduate UPSC is between 19 and 25 years. For engineers and law graduates the age requirement is 20-27 years. Married women are not eligible to apply.
Graduate Non UPSC
Education Qualification requirement- Women candidates who have served for 2 years in NCC Senior Division can apply under this scheme. They should have secured ‘B’ grade in the ‘C’ Certificate exam. Minimum education qualification required is graduation. Even final year students can apply.
Age Requirement- Minimum age requirement is 19 years. Candidates who have crossed 25 years of age are not eligible to apply. If the candidate is applying for the course in April then the age as on 1st January is considered and in case of the course commencing in October then the age as on 1st July is considered.
These candidates will be applying for the NCC (SPL) Entry Women scheme.
Education Qualification requirement –Women applicants who have completed engineering are eligible to apply.
Age Requirement – The age of the applicant should be between 20-27 years. Applicants age on the first of the month in which the course will commence is considered.
Those fulfilling these criteria can apply for Short Service Commission Technical Women scheme.
Education Qualification requirement- Graduates and Post Graduates with any area of specialisation can apply under this scheme.
Age Requirement- The age of the candidate applying should be between 19-25 years at the time of applying for the course. For those applying for the course commencing in April the age as on 1st January will be considered and for those applying for the course commencing in October age as on 1st July will be considered.
On qualifying these candidates will be appointed as per the Short Service Commission Non Technical Women
Education Qualification requirement – LLB or LLM graduates are eligible for this post. Minimum of 55% marks is a must. They should be registered with Bar Council of State/India.
Age Requirement – Minimum age requirement for applying for this post is 20 years and maximum age limit is 27 years. The age is considered as on 1st January for the course commencing in April and 1st July for the course commencing in October.
Law graduates are eligible to apply for the JAG Women scheme.
Other than these the army soon plans to induct women who have completed post graduation. The details on the same will be published soon. The marital status for the candidate applying for the posts mentioned below should be unmarried. Candidates selected will require to under training at OTA, Chennai.
- 36th SSC Men (Technical), 7th SSC Women (Technical), Indian Army
- Law Officers, Indian army
- 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- 8th Short Service Commission (Technical) Women Course (Oct-2011), Indian Army
- NCC Special Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- Trainee in Technical Branch, Indian Army
- 25th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- 27th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- Government Jobs in Military Sector
- 113th Technical Graduate Course (July-2011), Indian Army
- Indian Army, Career in Indian Army
- 27th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme (TES) Course July 2011, Indian Army
- Government Jobs in Ministry of Defence
- Career Options in the Army for Graduates
- 9th SSC (T) Women - Indian Army