3rd October 2016, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PG diploma from IGNOU?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PG diploma from IGNOU? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria followed for the same? Can you please guide me with the instructions on where to apply for the Ph.D course as well?

3rd October 2016, 12:43 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PG diploma from IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of PG diploma from IGNOU? Can you please let me know the eligibility criteria followed for the same? Can you please guide me with the instructions on where to apply for the Ph.D course as well?

Sorry, it is not possible to do PhD on the basis of PG Diploma course studied through IGNOU. Candidates should have studied Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% marks are only eligible to apply for PhD program. The admission to the course will be done on the basis of PhD Entrance test and personal interview. You are not eligible to do PhD after completion of PG Diploma course. You have to complete a Master’s Degree in the same discipline to do PhD.
3rd October 2016, 11:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue Ph.D after the completion of PG Diploma from IGNOU.
Candidates those who have completed their Post Graduation from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt Ph.D courses.
So, you must try for some other courses rather than Ph.D.
4th October 2016, 12:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that you are not eligible for PhD course after PG in Diploma course. You need to complete Master degree or its equivalent qualification with at least 55% of marks from a recognized university.
4th October 2016, 07:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
After completion of PG Diploma, you are not eligible for Ph.D course. PG Diploma course is not valid for Ph.D admission.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?