12th October 2016, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for PhD after PG Diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

I pursued civil engg. from AMIE and now pursuing PG diploma in disaster management from IGNOU, so after PGD can I apply for M.Phil or PhD in civil engg, plz. let me know... It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details soon.

Thank you!

12th October 2016, 05:59 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for PhD after PG Diploma course?

No, you are not eligible for PhD course after doing PG diploma as PG diploma is not valid for PhD course. Candidates should have completed their master degree with minimum of 55% marks. Only after that you will be eligible for getting admission in PhD course. Thanks
12th October 2016, 08:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for Ph.D admission based on your PG diploma qualification. You need a masters degree with 55% marks to become eligible to apply for Ph.D entrance exam.
Otherwise, PG diploma from a autonomous institute like IIM will also be enough to make you eligible for Ph.D, as they don't offer MBA degrees.
12th October 2016, 09:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to opt for Ph.D after the completion of PG Diploma since you have not completed your masters degree course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for Ph.D course.
13th October 2016, 12:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I pursued civil engg. from AMIE and now pursuing PG diploma in disaster management from IGNOU, so after PGD can I apply for M.Phil or PhD in civil engg, plz. let me know... It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details soon.

Thank you!
No, PGDM degree holder candidates are not eligible for Ph.D course because PGDM course is not equivalent to masters degree course.

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university, then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.
13th October 2016, 01:46 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for the above mentioned course after completion of your PG Diploma course as the minimum eligibility criteria to opt for the course is that the candidate should completed their Masters degree from a recognized university and should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate.
13th October 2020, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I am eligible for Master degree after the PGD
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?