28th September 2015, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for NDA with Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering?

Respected sir,

My name is Mohan Shivanna from Bangalore. I want to join Indian Army even my father is a retired army officer. I have done diploma in aeronautical engg. Am I eligible for nda?

Please reply me

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do diploma in aeronautical engineering after 10th standard with 95%+ marks?
  2. Am I eligible for Aeronautical Engineering after completing diploma mechanical with 70%? List of Aeronautical Engineering colleges in Maharashtra?
  3. Criteria to join Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. Can ECE diploma students get in Aeronautical Engineering? Is MHT CET the only way to get into Aeronautical Engineering?
  5. Which options of branches are available for B.E. after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  6. Can I get admission to study Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering if secured 80% in 10th Board exam?
  7. Eligibility for aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in mechanical engineering? Fee structure of Aeronautical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for diploma in Aeronautical engineering after passing 10th with 53% marks from Goa?
  9. Eligibility of joining B.Tech in Aeronautical after studying diploma in Computer Science?
  10. Aeronautical Engineering after Diploma in Electronics and Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Is Aeronautical Engineering possible after Diploma in Mechatronics?
  12. Am I eligible to get in Aeronautical Engineering through lateral entry?
  13. Can I get admission in B.E. in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering after diploma in CSE?
  14. Am I eligible for railway job after completing diploma in aeronautical engineering
  15. How to go for aeronautical engineering? I am studying in diploma mechanical
  16. How to join in Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma with 84%?
  17. Can I study Aeronautical Engineering in IIT being an Automobile Engineering Diploma final year student?
  18. Is there any college which offers Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering through distance education? Will I get admission in B.E. after such Diploma?
28th September 2015, 11:49 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for NDA with Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to apply for National Defense Academy (NDA). The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in NDA and NA Entrance Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university in 10+2 pattern. The required educational qualification should be in 10+2 pattern and not in 10+3 pattern. This is the reason, Diploma candidates are not eligible to join NDA. As you are not eligible with "Diploma" as an educational qualification, I have an another suggestion for you. I strongly suggest you to pursue B.E/ B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering in order to join Indian Army. To join Indian Army, you are required to give CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in CDS Examination is "Graduate Degree" from a recognized university. So if you pursue B.E/ B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering, you may join Indian Army through CDS Examination.
29th September 2015, 01:07 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,

My name is Mohan Shivanna from Bangalore. I want to join Indian Army even my father is a retired army officer. I have done diploma in aeronautical engg. Am I eligible for nda?

Please reply me
NDA - National Defence Academy

This is one of the defence service exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year for candidates to join in defence forces of India such as Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. In order to join in any of these forces you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria which is needed for the respected posts.

Having completed Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering you are eligible for applying for the NDA exam and the criteria's which you need to satisfy apart from educational qualification are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

# Martial status needed is unmarried male candidate.

# Candidate should be physically fit.

To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th September 2015, 01:21 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir,

Please reply me
After completion of Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering, you are eligible Indian Army through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
29th September 2015, 08:32 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for NDA with Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering.

UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year with the name NDA I and NDA II for recruitment in different wings of Defense services .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Academic qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19 years.

Marital Status : only unmarried male candidate .

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
29th September 2015, 11:28 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

-> No you are not able to apply for National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination by doing Diploma Engineering course.

-> For NDA you must pass minimum 12th grade examinations.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA

-> The candidate’s minimum age is 16 1/2 years and maximum age 19 years for the NDA exam.

-> You have to passed 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

-> Candidate mus be unmarried
29th September 2015, 12:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is the National Defense Academy entrance exam and is conducted by the UPSC for three wings of defense:

1. Indian Army.

2. Indian Airforce.

3. Indian Navy.

For Indian army, you can apply for the NDA exam being a diploma candidate because any 10+2 passed or its equivalent candidate can apply for the NDA exam.

Age should be between 16.5-19.5 years. You must be unmarried male Indian citizen.

Official link for more details on NDA exam NDA/NA exam .
29th September 2015, 01:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is an academy that provides necessary training and education to those who have cleared the NDA examination and are willing to become an officer in Indian Defense. The NDA has three wings which are Indian Navy, Indian Air force and Indian Army.

For the selection of students for joining NDA one has to clear NDA examination which is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and is popularly called as NDA I & NDA II. Also the examination is being conducted in two steps which are known as Written examination and Service Selection Board interview respectively.

The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried male Indian candidate.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must hold the mental and physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

* You must hold a higher secondary school degree or any degree equivalent or must be in the final year of same degree course to the same with any discipline from a recognized institute. For Indian Navy and Indian Air force one needs to have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects in the same degree courses.

So, being a diploma in aeronautical engineering degree holder you are eligible for the NDA examination on the basis of your educational qualification but you also need to satisfy the other criteria too for your eligibility.

For more information regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
29th September 2015, 09:02 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you are not eligible to apply for NDA Examination with your educational qualification. In fact only the candidates who have completed 10+2 are only eligible.

And you must ensure that 12th with Maths, Physics and Chemistry are only eligible to apply for NDA Exam.

Age should be in between these limits.

-- Minimum Age : 16 1/2 years

-- Maximum Age : 19 years.

<> Final year candidates of 10+2 are also eligible to apply for NDA.
29th September 2015, 10:33 PM
DSP@1

No, you are not eligible for NDA after completing your Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam are as follows.
-Candidate must be the citizen of India/Nepal/Bhutan,
-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard from the recognized board,
-Candidate must have Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects in his/her 12th standard,
-Candidate age must be between 16-19 years.

These are the main criteria for NDA exam.

As you have not done your 12th standard with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects you are not eligible for NDA exam.

Even you think to do 12th standard now,you will cross the age limit by the time you complete your 12th standard so forget about NDA. Complete your graduation course first and then join the Indian Army in reputed post on graduation basis.
29th September 2015, 10:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

12th pass is the required qualification for NDA exam. Diploma engineering candidates are not eligible for this exam according to the notification. There is an age limit and you should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

Also, only unmarried male Indian can apply for this exam. Hence, you have to look for other options as you don't fulfill the educational criteria.
31st March 2020, 09:13 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Eligibility Criteria to appear in NDA exam are as follows:-

:- Minimum qualification is 12th with minimum of 50-60%Mark's from a recognized board.

:- Age bot less than 16.5

:- Age not more than 19 years.

:- Height not less than 172 cms

:- Indian citizen only.

:- weight not more than 50 kgs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?