7th July 2017, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Is AMIE beneficial to pursue higher education?

I have completed my diploma in electrical branch in the year 2015 and now I am studying BE in same branch. I will be in final year in the year 2017-2018. So, according to you, if I apply for this AMIE course will it be beneficial for me or else I should pursue for higher education. What should I prefer? Please help me for decision. Thank you.

9th July 2017, 09:43 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is AMIE beneficial to pursue higher education?

With regret I have to inform you that B.Tech/B.E is the highest degree course offered by AMIE i.e. AMIE does not offer any Masters degree in engineering.
Associate Member of Institute of Engineers (AMIE) is a professional certification given by Institution of Engineers.This is an important degree for students who are unable to pursue regular engineering degree from a technical university or engineering college in India.This certification is considered as the equivalent to the degree of engineering and once a student completed this certification then he/she can opt/apply for masters degree from any recognized university.
AMIE only offers diploma in engineering and B.Tech/B.E courses.
So to pursue higher education after B.E in electrical branch, you should apply for a technical college with offer such course, also you have to appear and qualify in GATE examination to take admission in M.Tech.
11th July 2017, 12:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is AMIE beneficial to pursue higher education?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my diploma in electrical branch in the year 2015 and now I am studying BE in same branch. I will be in final year in the year 2017-2018. So, according to you, if I apply for this AMIE course will it be beneficial for me or else I should pursue for higher education. What should I prefer? Please help me for decision. Thank you.

As mentioned, you have completed diploma in electrical engineering, you can pursue BE or BTech in Electrical Engineering. AMIE is also considered equivalent to BE or BTech course. But, AMIE is a correspondence course. It is always advisable to study any engineering course in regular mode. Therefore, it is better to study BE or BTech in electrical engineering after completing a diploma in electrical engineering. Admission to the course is done on the basis of a lateral entry entrance examination. Candidates are admitted to the second year of the four year BE/BTech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?