22nd December 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

M.Ed or Ph.D in Zoology which course is better from teaching point of view?

Hi
I am M.Sc.Zoology (first division 61%) wth B.Ed. and working in an average school. Please tell me which course is better for me from school point of view (M.Ed. or P.hd.-Zoology) as I want to work in some premier school of india to climb up in my career graph.

27th December 2013, 12:37 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: M.Ed or Ph.D in Zoology which course is better from teaching point of view?

You are well qualified and working but inspite of that you want to pursue higher studies. This is really inspiring for the modern youth to go for higher education inorder to enhance the career graph. This will also open up many more opportunities of higher remuneration as well as fame before you. Although you are having dilemma between two important higher course of study, which is M.Ed. and PhD yet the decision should be made as per your interest.

Keeping your current condition in mind and your ambition of getting better opportunities, you should go for PhD rather than M.Ed. at this moment. However, the final decision should be taken by you as per your interest since it is you who is going to pursue the course and not anyone else. You should choose PhD over M.Ed. because of the following reasons :-

- PhD will provide you wider scope in terms of job opportunities.

- PhD will enhance your remuneration as remuneration in teaching field is directly proportional to the educational qualification.

- It will open up opportunities before you in the research field.

- You can get employment opportunities in the best schools of India and even colleges if you do PhD.

- You already have a degree in the education field which is B.Ed as well as experience so this depicts your plus point in the field of teaching which will definitely prove beneficial in any interview for the teaching field.

- You can also shift to jobs in public as well as private companies later if you want once you have phD degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?