29th October 2017, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Sc Statics holder study PG Diploma in Statics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata?

I am studying B.Sc Statics and after it want to study Diploma/ Vocational course in Statics. Can I study PG Diploma course in Statics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Statics at Chennai Mathematical Institute? Specialization available for PhD?
  2. Private jobs available for B.Sc Statics student?
  3. List of Diploma courses available in Statics after B.Sc Mathematics? Procedure to study and best colleges?
  4. How to get admission in PhD Statics at Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi? How much stipend they give during PhD? -- [New]
  5. How to get admission in PhD in Statics at Indian Statistical Institutes? How much stipend I can get during PhD?
  6. How to take admission in BSc Statics after intermediate?
  7. What is the scope in M.A stats? I am pursuing M.A statistics
  8. What is the syllabus for CSIR NET exam for M.Sc Statics holder? Will I have to study Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning?
  9. Which course is better in between B.Sc Statics and B.Sc Applied Mathematics?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in Statistics after completion of M.Com?
  11. How to do Ph.D in Statics and Marketing from Netaji Shubhash Open University, Kolkata? Procedure to apply for it?
  12. How to do PhD in Statics after B.Sc Statics in minimum time?
  13. Government jobs available for B.Sc Statics and Computer Science holder? Will I have to write exam for it?
  14. List of under graduate courses with Business Statics? Best colleges in Maharashtra for it?
  15. Possibility to get admission in M.Sc Mathematics or Statistics after B.Sc Computer Science? Can I get admission in Mumbai University?
  16. Which board and school will be best to study in 11th with combination of Mathematics, Economics and Statics?
  17. Is there statics honors in Jadavpur University?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for PhD research program after completion of MA Statistics with 60 percentage marks from Kashmir University?
31st October 2017, 09:02 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Statics holder study PG Diploma in Statics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for post graduate diploma in statistics in ISI (Indian Statistical Institute), Kolkata after completing bachelors of Science degree in mathematics, because minimum qualification required to apply for post graduate diploma in statistics is bachelors degree in relevant stream from government recognized institute.

After having bachelors of science degree in mathematics duration of post graduate diploma in statistics is 2 years.

- For more details please visit www.isical.ac.in.
31st October 2017, 12:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Sc Statics holder study PG Diploma in Statics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying B.Sc Statics and after it want to study Diploma/ Vocational course in Statics. Can I study PG Diploma course in Statics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata?

Yes, a BSc Statistics holder is eligible to study PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics course offered by the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, provided the applicant must hold a domicile certificate of North Eastern states. Eligibility to study the PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics course is a 3 year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics / Statistics / Economics as one of the subjects. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview. Candidates past academic records may also be taken into consideration for the admission to the PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics course in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. Duration of the course is one year. Indian Statistical Institute website link is given Click Here
31st October 2017, 12:42 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study PG Diploma in Statistics from Indian statistical Institute, Kolkata, if completed B.Sc Statistics.

You will however have to clear the entrance test conducted by the above mentioned Institute in order to get admission.

So, you need not worry about the admission if you do fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria.
31st October 2017, 01:44 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to pursue this Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course.

>> Candidates must have a domicile certificate of North Eastern States from a recognized university or organization.

>> And you must have a minimum 3 year Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with "Mathematics" as a subject

(or)

>> B.Tech or B.E or it's equivalent qualification from a recognized university.

>> As you are done with B.Sc in Statistics, and if you have pursued Mathematics as one of the subjects then I am sure you are eligible.

>> The selection process consists of Written Test and Personal Interview.

Click here for More Details
31st October 2017, 03:23 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, the eligibility criteria for the above said course is :

* The candidate should have pursued graduation in statistics in the scheme of 10+2+3.

* The candidate should have completed the age of 21 years at the least.

So, if you have completed above two criterion, then you are eligible for the course.
31st October 2017, 10:00 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, yes you are certainly eligible to study this PG Diploma in Statics course from Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.

There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this course.

>> Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognized university.

>> Candidates must have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in order to be eligible.

>> So based on the criteria, if you have pursued Mathematics as one of the subjects at your Bachelor Degree then I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to do this Post Graduate Diploma in Statistics course at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
31st October 2017, 11:55 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Let me inform you that those candidates who have completed bachelor degree in any discipline and have studied Mathematics/Statistics/Economics as one of the compulsory subject from any recognized university are eligible to apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Statics at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. Candidates also need to have domicile certificate of North Easter States.
Since you have completed B.Sc degree, so qualification wise you are eligible to apply for PG Diploma in Statics in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
1st November 2017, 10:30 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, B.Sc in Statistics candidates are not eligible for PG diploma course in Statistics in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.

Those candidates who have completed M.Sc degere in Statistics from a recognized University are eligible for PG diploma course in Statistics in Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?