21st October 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in PhD in Statics at Indian Statistical Institutes? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

Sir, I am studying M.Sc Statics from Magadh University but want to do PhD from Indian Statistical Institutes. Please tell me how can I get admission? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in PhD Statics at Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi? How much stipend they give during PhD?
  2. Eligibility to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Statics at Chennai Mathematical Institute? Specialization available for PhD?
  3. How to do PhD in Statics after B.Sc Statics in minimum time? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Comparative Indian Literature) in Central University of Kerala? -- [New]
  5. How much stipend I will get to study PhD program in Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata?
  6. Stipend to study PhD in Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata?
  7. How much stipend I will get to study Integrated PhD in Physics in Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, Kolkata?
  8. How much stipend will be offered to me in JNU for PhD(Physics) course?
  9. Andhra University has reduced the stipend for PhD students? How much stipend will be given to PhD students?
  10. Does universities offer stipend to study PhD in Abroad?
  11. How can I get stipend to study PhD in Drawing & Painting? List of institutes in India?
  12. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Biological Sciences) in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore?
  13. Admission procedure to study PhD(Statistics) in Indian Statistical Institute, Hyderabad?
  14. How much stipend I will get to study PhD in Mathematics in IISER, Pune?
  15. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in BHU after completing GPAT exam? Will I get stipend during Ph.D?
  16. Can I get stipend to study PhD(Pharmaceutical Chemistry) in RK University?
  17. Is Pune University going to reduce the stipend for PhD student?
  18. Can I get stipend to do PhD (Defence Studies) in Meerut College? Colleges offering stipend for this PhD?
24th October 2017, 10:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in PhD in Statics at Indian Statistical Institutes? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

You can definitely get admission to do Ph.D in Statics from Indian Statistical Institutes after the completion of Masters degree course in Statics.
To do Ph.D in Statics from the above mentioned Institute, candidates must have to complete their Masters degree in the relevant field from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it.
After completing Masters degree, candidates have to appear in the NET examination. Once after qualifying in the entrance examination, candidates can take admission in the above mentioned Institute to pursue Ph.D in Statics based on the marks scored in the entrance examination.

You can expect a stipend of around Rs, 15000/- to Rs. 25000/-
25th October 2017, 10:54 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to get admission in PhD in Statics at Indian Statistical Institutes? How much stipend I can get during PhD?

Let me tell you that you are eligible to apply for PhD in Statics at Indian Statistical Institutes after completion of M.Sc in Statics, provided you must have to score atleast 55% aggregate marks in you master's degree.
Those candidates, who have completed M.Sc degree in Statics with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university, are eligible to apply for PhD in the relevant discipline at Indian Statistical Institutes.
Candidates, who are meeting the eligibility criterion, must have to appear and qualify in UGC NET/CSIR examination in order to be eligible for admission in the aforesaid institute.
Admission to candidates for PhD in Statics course will be given on the basis of their performance in UGC NET/CSIR examination.
Candidates after getting admission into aforementioned course, can expect a minimum of Rs.15000/ to upto Rs.22000/ amount as stipend for their research work.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?