20th June 2017, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my field from civil engineering to mechanical engineering?

Sir, I am diploma in civil engineering holder. But this field doesn’t interest me anymore. I have interests in full mechanical. My parents compelled me to this field. I want to study mechanical engineering. Sir, can I change the field now? I am confused. Please answer me.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I change my stream to Civil Engineering being a Mechanical student?
  2. Which is better to study between Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering?
  3. Can I change engineering field to arts? Is the future bright for mechanical engineering?
  4. Can I do M.Tech. in Civil Engineering after B.E. in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. If I have a backlog in one subject can I change from Civil to Mechanical Engineering after 1st year?
  6. Can I change my branch after completing Diploma in Civil?
  7. Is it possible to change stream from Mechanical Engineering to Civil Engineering for Diploma student?
  8. Can I change my stream from mechanical to electronics engineering?
  9. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How should I change branch to mechanical from civil? I am studying diploma in civil engineering
  11. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  12. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering for Diploma in Civil Engineering student through JELET?
  13. What type of Engineering can be done after 12th with Computer Science?
  14. Which course should I take in polytechnic field?
  15. Can I change my stream to Civil Engineering after completion of 1st year of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering at MANUU, Darbhanga?
  16. Should I change from chemical to mechanical engineering?
  17. Procedure to change the course from 1st year Mechanical Engineering to 2nd year Aeronautical Engineering?
  18. What to after B.E in mechanical engineering degree?
20th June 2017, 07:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my field from civil engineering to mechanical engineering?

No, you can't change your field from civil engineering to Mechanical Engineering course for pursuing your higher studies. Being a Diploma holder in Civil Engineering, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing your higher studies in Civil Engineering. To get admission for pursuing your higher studies, you have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education.
21st June 2017, 04:42 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I change my field from civil engineering to mechanical engineering?

Sorry to inform you that you can't change your engineering branch as there is no such rules to do so.
You can take lateral entry admission direct in 2nd year of four years of B.Tech in your relevant engineering branch only. So you are only allowed to take Civil Engineering branch in B.Tech course.
21st June 2017, 02:25 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

You will have to get admission in Diploma in Mechanical engineering course all over again and then after completion of your diploma, you can opt for LEET examination, to get direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech degree.

In your current scenario you cannot get admission in Mechanical Engineering course after diploma in civil.
21st June 2017, 05:23 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You can change your field from Civil Engineering to Mechanical Engineering after taking fresh admission in Mechanical Engineering. There is not any possibility to change the stream directly in second or third year of diploma course. This option is available in B.Tech course that students have the option to change their stream after first year. But this option is not available for Diploma Courses.

**In my opinion, if you have keen interest in Mechanical Engineering then you have to go through it because if you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering and want to pursue higher education then you have to continue with Civil discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?