14th August 2016, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIT, KGP after diploma in electrical engineering?

Hi Sir, I completed my polytechnic diploma in electrical engineering with 84% marks. I appeared( LEET and JELET) exam. Can I get admission for B.Tech in IIT,KGP? Which college is good for admission for B.Tech, government college and private college? Please describe procedure for admission. My email id- [email protected].

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in B.E. 2nd year in IIT being a Diploma holder in Electrical Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible for admission in IIT after completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  3. How to take admission in Port and Shipping Management in IIT KGP after passing BSc Nautical Science?
  4. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  5. Can I sit for IIT entrance exam after diploma in electrical engineering without class 12th?
  6. Is it possible to take admission in IIT after diploma in electrical engineering
  7. How many branches are there to study in Polytechnic course?
  8. Procedure to apply for MAT lab or any summer training at IIT, Karagpur?
  9. Can I apply for IIT after completing 3 years Diploma engineering? -- [New]
  10. How many semester's marks are including in degree from diploma, in G.T.U? How can I get admission in electrical engineering degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  12. Which course is good in polytechnic after 10th?
  13. Ph.D in abroad after M.Tech in IIT Kharagpur in Agriculture and Food engineering department?
  14. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  15. Can I get admission for Aeronautical engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering with 74%'
  16. How should I get admission in IIT if I am a electrical engineering student?
  17. Procedure and eligibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for ECE Diploma student? Percentage required in Diploma to get admission?
  18. Which courses would be necessary to join B.Tech 2nd year?
14th August 2016, 07:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT, KGP after diploma in electrical engineering?

No, the admission in the IIT's and NIT's are not offered on the basis of LEET or JELET so you are not eligible to get admission in IIT KGP after diploma degree.

To get admission in IIT you have to appear and qualify in JEE Main and Advanced examination but diploma holder are not eligible for it.

So, you are not eligible to appear for it and hence not eligible to get admission in it. But thorough LEET you are admission in APJTU, PTU and other government institution in B.Tech/BE courses in 2nd year through Lateral entry.
14th August 2016, 08:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIT, KGP after diploma in electrical engineering?

Through LEET you will be eligible to get admission in some of the government colleges and in private colleges but you will not able to get admission in IIT.

The only option to get admission in IIT is after qualify in JEE but you are not eligible to appear for it after diploma as the eligibility to appear for it is candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 with PCM for B.Tech/B.E with minimum 45% and for B.Arch/B.Planning it is necessary to have mathematics.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT.
14th August 2016, 10:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in IIT, Kharagpur after completion of your Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised board. You have to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination to get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course. Remember that Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in NIT through JEE Main examination rank. Since, you have passed Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised board, you need to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination for getting admission in B.Tech course in IIT, Kharagpur.
15th August 2016, 04:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Both government as well as private college is good for admission in B.Tech course, provided the institute should be well recognized and affiliated.

You cannot get admission in IIT and NIT for B.Tech course via lateral entry scheme as there is no such provision for it. You should however try for the above mentioned course from some other institute via LEET examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?